when can you tell ??

Options
i have lost just over 20 lb (almost s stone and a half) and as of yet not one person has noticed i have even lost a small bit of weight, on hear i see people posting pictures physically looking like they have lost weight after loosing 12lb .... is there a point where people will start noticing.... i know i really have lost the weight....... either that or my brand new expensive scales are out to get me ha ha .....

Replies

• Heatherbelle_87
    Heatherbelle_87 Posts: 1,078 Member
    Options
    Trying taking pictures so YOU can see the loss. ANd the more often people see you the less likely they are to notice it, the people around me daily didnt notice until I had lost nearly 30 lbs
  • denise980
    denise980 Posts: 296
    Options
    Are you still wearing clothes from before you lost the weight? Sometimes that could skew people's view of how you look.

Don't let this discourage you though. To make it where you are has taken a lot of dedication and hard work. Don't let people's reactions steer you in the wrong direction.

Good job with your weight loss though!!!!!
  • bunnysone
    bunnysone Posts: 486 Member
    Options
    sometimes your "real life" friends dont have the same focus on your goals as your "virtual friends" on mfp.

I started finding ways to point out what I was doing but I had the same problem.

So I get everything i need from MFP - and eventually those who you love in the real world will stop being so busy with their life, their job, their family, their problems and will suddenly realise that you have changed.

It will come - you will feel amazing, but for the time being keep kicking butt on MFP and surrounding yourself with friends who cheer you on - they will get you over the line so your "real" friends suddenly dont recognise you any more ;)
  • mexiana
    mexiana Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    I had lost 35 pounds before anyone said anything who didn't already know I was losing. Sometimes I think people are afraid to say anything because they are kindof saying that you were big in the first place and don't want to offend! I agree with others, if they see you every day they might not see it as quickly as someone who see's you every few weeks (like a regular hairdresser perhaps?) BUT.. it WILL come and when it does it'll be the most amazing feeling ever. Have patience and enjoy the ride ;)

*PS. the woman who said something noticed WELL before she said anything, she just wasn't sure how to approach me. Others noticed after about 10 pounds, but they KNEW I was trying to lose... so I didn't fully believe them! lol
  • ashley_jorah
    ashley_jorah Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    I'm only down 11lbs, but I've already had to start taking in all my old clothes (I also had a problem buying clothes that were at least a size too big) But my friends haven't said a word, even the ones who've know how much I've lost.
    I could understand if they saw me all the time, but some of them only see me every few months. I even tried to hint at it. Nothing. Is is that the just don't care because I'm not important enough? Or are they truely not seeing a difference?

Who has noticed? My chiropracter, my landlord, one coworker, and people I worked with 3 years ago that only see me once a year.

It's actually kinda depressing.
  • Forensic
    Forensic Posts: 468 Member
    Options
    I think it depends on where you started, what you're wearing, and how often your friend see you. People who see you everyday won't always notice the change, where someone who hadn't seen you in ages might.
  • sarahjane0506
    Options
    thanks guys...... i really appreciate all your support. i <3 MFP