Help need to loose weight but eating too many nuts

Options
i m vegetarian and eat pretty well but I mess everything up by eating nuts. Almonds peanuts walnuts .. Is there a trick around it.

Thanks for help

Replies

• Leana088
    Leana088 Posts: 581 Member
    Options
    Stop eating nuts. Buy single serve portions of them if you don't have control around them.
  • arditarose
    arditarose Posts: 15,575 Member
    Options
    Eat less nuts. Or less of something else and the same amount of nuts.
  • verapal
    verapal Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    I love love love nuts....and i had to learn how to control myself around it. If you can't limit your intake I would suggest avoid keeping nuts in your house or start buying prepackaged servings of it. Eating too much nuts will cost you a weight gain ( and I mean a lot of weight) and it will definitely cancel out all the hard work you do at the gym. I have been there. Good luck.
  • kitchensolo
    kitchensolo Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    Nuts do pack a caloric punch, so you've got to watch your portions. Also, if you can, try avoiding any with added oil and salt, and aim for some of the lower calorie nuts ...
  • cityruss
    cityruss Posts: 2,493 Member
    Options
    Just the same as every other food, track them.

Fit them in to your daily balanced dietary intake.
  • Sued0nim
    Sued0nim Posts: 17,456 Member
    Options
    Prelog your nuts, weigh out the amount the day before, put the rest away and only eat those you have pre-weighed

Hit your protein minimum
  • mimieon
    mimieon Posts: 182 Member
    Options
    You can try something like the kitchen safe, so you can't access the nuts all the time. Tak e a portion out in the morning before breakfast and then put a time lock on the rest.
  • Alatariel75
    Alatariel75 Posts: 17,959 Member
    Options
    mimieon wrote: »
    You can try something like the kitchen safe, so you can't access the nuts all the time. Tak e a portion out in the morning before breakfast and then put a time lock on the rest.

That's a thing?? Wow.

OP - pre-weigh portions. decide how much you can fit in your day and stick to it. Find something else to snack on in larger amounts that don't have the calories.
  • neanderthin
    neanderthin Posts: 9,949 Member
    Options
    Nuts can be so cruel.
  • holzeeg123
    holzeeg123 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    I weigh out servings (usually like 25g) and put them in little plastic bags. Sometimes I eat a couple of bags at a time, but it's good because at least you know exactly how much you're eating. It's so easy to underestimate how many you are eating otherwise
  • Liftng4Lis
    Liftng4Lis Posts: 15,150 Member
    Options
    All things in moderation.
  • KeepTheFaith9
    KeepTheFaith9 Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    I'm nuts about nuts too
  • PeachyCarol
    PeachyCarol Posts: 8,029 Member
    Options
    Just weigh out a reasonable portion and work them into your day! If you're used to simply snacking on them, try shelled sunflower seeds instead. Still measure and weigh, but you'll probably get sick of eating them before you do as much caloric damage as you'd do with eating a handful of nuts.
  • Ellaskat
    Ellaskat Posts: 386 Member
    Options
    bhanu wrote: »
    i m vegetarian and eat pretty well but I mess everything up by eating nuts. Almonds peanuts walnuts .. Is there a trick around it.

Thanks for help

Everyone has a different food craving they struggle with, no different. Just eat less, or cut it out until you can control how much of it you eat. Might try figuring out what about the nuts you're actually craving- salt? Fat? Protein? Crunch? And try finding other foods that give the same satisfaction....
  • Zedeff
    Zedeff Posts: 651 Member
    Options
    Has anyone suggested to eat fewer nuts yet?