Has anyone reached their goal weight and decided it's too low?

Options
I reached my original goal and decided to go lower. I reached my second goal now and want to go lower again (still within my healthy BMI range) but I'm scared I'll feel too skinny. Has anyone else experienced this? How do you know when you're "skinny enough"?

Replies

• Liftng4Lis
    Liftng4Lis Posts: 15,150 Member
    Options
    Instead of losing more weight, why not a recomp?
  • Paperchains38
    Paperchains38 Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    I have in the past, when i lost a lot of weight the first time round so i decided to put some more back on unfortunately a little bit more led to a lot more and i ended up bigger then i started, this time round i am going for a higher weight goal as i know when i was at my happiest, look good weight even though it will still register as overweight/obese on the BMI charts but these i take no notice of. It is one wait and see things that only you can decide on unfortunately.
  • SergeantSausage
    SergeantSausage Posts: 1,673 Member
    edited March 2015
    Options
    <raises hand>

6' 0" and 150 pounds is too lightweight for me. I'm gonna hang here for about 3 to 4 months 'cause my running - 10 pounds makes a huge difference in running a marathon - but when we get through the Spring Race Season and into hot summer weather, I'm weight training heavy and going on a bulk to add back 12 to 15 pounds of lean muscle mass over the next year or so.

Too light is too light. You'll *know* it if you get there.
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,874 Member
    Options
    supermysza wrote: »
    I reached my original goal and decided to go lower. I reached my second goal now and want to go lower again (still within my healthy BMI range) but I'm scared I'll feel too skinny. Has anyone else experienced this? How do you know when you're "skinny enough"?

BMI is a range in order to account for various body styles and compositions...not so that you can pick and choose a random number and call it "healthy" just because it's in range.

Just my opinion, but for me fit and healthy is far more important than "skinny"...I personally don't see "skinny" as something to aspire to regardless of sex. Most likely you have body composition issues for which simply losing more weight isn't really going to fix.