Has anyone tried P90?

Options
So, I have lost about 70 pounds and I am close to my goal. However, I have lost most of this weight with minimal exercise. Despite losing most of the weight, I am not satisfied with my body. I am not very toned and still have a small belly. I know, at this point, I need to incorporate exercise in order to build muscle and tone up, but I am at a loss at where to begin.

I have tried a couple different programs (Body Revolution, T25, ect) and while I do them for a few days I eventually give up, usually because I have a hard time keeping up with the workouts.

I just stumbled upon P90 which appears to be an intro of sorts to fitness and acts as a starter program to the more advanced workouts out there. I am wondering if this would be a good place for me start and will help ease me into more advanced workouts. However, I am worried that this program will be too easy for me and I will grow bored and not get much out of it.

Has anyone tried this program? If so, would you recommend it?

Also, if anyone has any other programs or ideas that might work for me, I would love to hear them as well. I am open to all suggestions.

If it matters, I am a 23 year old male, 5'10 and 160 pounds.

Thank you!

Replies

• shelleybean1984
    Options
    I highly recommend it. It is easy to follow. Simple exercises. But intense. I started 3 weeks ago and have lost 16lbs. I have a lot to lose.
  • mujerboricua15
    mujerboricua15 Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    I'm doing Ripped in 30 by Jillian Michaels. I'm a beginner; it's not easy but I like it so far and I'm still very motivated. I lost 3 lbs the first week and felt like I lost inches. The dvd is like $9 at Wal-Mart if you want to try it I recommend it. Good Luck!
  • willbejay
    willbejay Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I started week 8 of P90 today. It's easy to follow and doesn't take a lot of time. I'm not losing weight, but I am getting leaner and more fit. I think its a good "starter" program. I selected it because I was coming off spinal fusion surgery and wanted to start slow.
  • SweatLikeDog
    SweatLikeDog Posts: 272 Member
    Options
    Get a kettlebell, google "enter the kettlebell" and follow the plan. One year from now, you will be an animal.
  • MamaBear222
    Options
    I have just started P90 and am enjoying it greatly. Good modifiers and a good workout without feeling like I'm going to puke halfway through. I would be happy to become "friends" on here to chat about it. :)
  • iandrew124
    iandrew124 Posts: 170 Member
    Options
    I want to get P90 and try it out but being a college student kind of makes me lacks funds. xD I'm doing Stronglift 5x5. Its meant for beginners and it has very basic exercises that help your body as a whole like squats and what not. Its 3x a week and easy to do. But if you don't have access to a gym or even a power rack then I'd suggest going with P90 since ive heard tons of amazing reviews from it. BTW, congrats on losing 70 lbs! I have a similar journey to complete.
  • Zenraij
    Zenraij Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Strongly 5x5. Would you recommend that for someone out of shape and over weight?
  • Graceious1
    Graceious1 Posts: 716 Member
    Options
    I would @Zenraij and many people on here have suggested that people should start lifting right away. I am on it and it is a fantastic way to build strength and tone. Stronglifts are good for beginners because you gradually add weights, which is how you build strength and burn fat. It is a good calorie burner especially when the weights increase. There is an app for Stronglifts 5x5 too. There is a stronglift 5x5 group on here, which I am also a part of.