Favorite Low-Cal, Low-Carb, High Protein Meals!

Options
Hi Everyone!

I am looking to spice up my food repertoire! What's your favorite low-cal, low-carb, high protein meal?

Replies

• misjay31
    Options
    I've just recently started this diet about a week ago and I'm having a hard time finding good low carb low Cal recipes as well. I'll be following this post.
  • samanthannepstein
    samanthannepstein Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    misjay31 wrote: »
    I've just recently started this diet about a week ago and I'm having a hard time finding good low carb low Cal recipes as well. I'll be following this post.

No one seems to care to comment. :(
  • Jruzer
    Jruzer Posts: 3,501 Member
    Options
    OK, I'll bite:
    - Omelette with 1 egg, 3-4 egg whites and some sharp cheddar
    - Greek yogurt with frozen berries and a little cereal for crunch; leave out cereal to decrease carbs
  • Shastabaldi
    Shastabaldi Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    I found it very hard to find low calorie low carb foods that fill me up and don't blow my calorie goal for the day. but anyway; my favorites are chicken salad, egg salad, crack slaw, tilapia, quiche, meatloaf, cauliflower and broccoli cheese casserole, turkey taco meat, meatballs, spinach salad with turkey pastrami. celery with laughing cow cheese or cream cheese or peanut butter or hummus. cottage cheese with cucumbers radishes and jalepeno.
  • Need2Exerc1se
    Need2Exerc1se Posts: 13,575 Member
    edited January 2015
    Options
    Spinach and strawberry salad topped with balsmic vinegar, followed by grilled chicken and spaghetti squash w/ mushroom sauce.
  • Sari723
    Sari723 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Chicken Souvlaki salad. I marinate the chicken in the dressing and then grill it. Make a big salad with lettuce, tomatoes, bell peppers, onion and cucumber. Then add a tablespoon of feta. Top with more dressing and eat with 1/2 a pita (or skip the pita for low carb).
  • rduclos
    rduclos Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    All your non starchy vegies and lean meats - I however don't like to leave any food group out of my diet - closer to natural of course is the best.

Okay, with that being said one of my favorite is: zucchini spaghetti topped with shrimp/tomatoes (I usually use a can of no salt diced - for convenience)/ half a bag of spinach (this wilts as you heat the tomatoes & shrimp). sprinkle with fresh grated parmesan and a few pine nuts. My husband isn't going to eat zucchini spaghetti so I make him a pasta in addition. Fast and easy - you can substitute what you would like chicken instead of shrimp or add more vegies.

I also use low carb tortillas instead of regular bread - great with meats & vegies or omelets.

Homemade soups with vegies and meats. I love cabbage soup made with lean ground turkey. I'll make up a batch, store in individual containers and freeze so I'm never with out a lunch at the last minute.

I also do a lot of smoothies for breakfast - whey protein powder, berries, spinach and almond milk. The list is endless what you can put in a smoothy
  • MakingItGreat
    MakingItGreat Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    My fave go to is taco salad - ground turkey, chicken or lean ground beef. calories will add up with cheese, olives and avocado so make your own decisions there. Most salsas are good just watch the carbs. I cook the meat ahead of time with diced onions and freeze it in portions suitable to my family. Makes a very quick weeknight meal when I don't actually have to cook anything. Kids can have tacos with tortillas if they want.
  • susanferris940
    Options
    I keep being told to add protein powder to my day... however I havent tried one in a smoothie that didnt make me gag... any suggestions?
  • MakingItGreat
    MakingItGreat Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    I don't use a plain protein powder so I don't really have a good recommendation, I use Shakeology daily. I'm sure someone will have a preference to share :)
  • mk2fit
    mk2fit Posts: 730 Member
    Options
    Flatten a chicken breast, roll it up around spinach and your favorite reduced fat cheese. Bake 350 15-20 minutes.
  • jpaulie
    jpaulie Posts: 917 Member
    Options
    I keep being told to add protein powder to my day... however I havent tried one in a smoothie that didnt make me gag... any suggestions?

Syntrax Nectar Cappucino....awesome, and it is JUST protein
  • redmessenger
    redmessenger Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    Here is my Smoothie recipe:

8 oz crushed ice
    8 oz Skim MIlk
    1 or 2 scoops of protein powder
    1/2 cup of fresh strawberries

Blend together into smoothie.

high protein low carb great after a workout
  • shawnachaffins
    shawnachaffins Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    If any of you have facebook there is an awesome group on there called low carb and losing it. It is a wonderful group with lots of recipes and advice!
  • SusanMcAvoy
    SusanMcAvoy Posts: 445 Member
    Options
    2 scrambled eggs with bell peppers, 4 homemade chicken wings with Lawry's chipolte marinade (only 4 carbs, 2 sugars), squash, 6 oz talipia with 1 tablespoon olive oil, brussels sprouts, 6 oz salmon with 1 tablespoon olive oil, light and fit dannon greek yogurt, raw veggie platter, 1/2 apple, 365 chocolate shake from Whole Food Mkt with added green vibrance, blueberries, 2 tbles Kens lite bluecheese dressing, boarshead low sodium low fat turkey breast, and ICE spring water 0 calories. I don't count calories... I just watch portion sizes. Eating these foods I have no cravings and I've lost 25 pounds in 2 1/2 months.
  • nickatine
    nickatine Posts: 451 Member
    Options
    mk2loser wrote: »
    Flatten a chicken breast, roll it up around spinach and your favorite reduced fat cheese. Bake 350 15-20 minutes.
    I just made chicken cordon bleu for dinner. I'll try this next chicken night
  • autumnsquirrel
    autumnsquirrel Posts: 258 Member
    Options
    Hi Everyone!

I am looking to spice up my food repertoire! What's your favorite low-cal, low-carb, high protein meal?
    Go to skinnytaste.com there are so many good low carb recipes on there. My favorite is for a turkey sausage pattie. I was apprehensive at first, but it's so good that I made enough for the next 2 weeks. It calls for a pinch of raw sugar, but I left that out. Hope you find something you enjoy:) Low carb is hard and monotonous but it does work!!!:)
  • autumnsquirrel
    autumnsquirrel Posts: 258 Member
    Options
    Here is my Smoothie recipe:

8 oz crushed ice
    8 oz Skim MIlk
    1 or 2 scoops of protein powder
    1/2 cup of fresh strawberries

Blend together into smoothie.

high protein low carb great after a workout
    Saving this recipe:) What protein powder do you recommend that is low carb?
  • RockstarWilson
    RockstarWilson Posts: 836 Member
    edited March 2015
    Options
    Going to be tough to find just protein out there. Since you are asking for low calorie too, then that leaves out carbs AND fat. Not much to work with, maybe just some boneless skinless chicken breasts?, but I hope you find something that works, or you will be scrambling each day to hit protein goal. In my opinion, if you are going low carb, you will have to find protein with fat, and fat will add calories.

Might I ask specifically what your macros are and why are you asking about low calorie? With low carb, you will have to reduce mealtimes, because fat is carbs replacement and provides that you dont. If you are still eating carbs, but not unlimited-ly, then that is a different story.
  • SweatLikeDog
    SweatLikeDog Posts: 272 Member
    Options
    Use deli meat/chicken/turkey slices as "taco shells" and load with veggies add soy sauce or hot sauce.