dr oz

Options
What is the supplement that Dr. Oz featured on one of his shows that helps with fat burning ?

Replies

• JulieF11
    JulieF11 Posts: 387 Member
    Options
    I am pretty sure it was 800 mg of Folate (it's in orange juice and dark leafy greens)
  • Firesign
    Firesign Posts: 169 Member
    Options
    In my opinion Dr Oz is a QUACK!!!!!
  • SMarie10
    SMarie10 Posts: 956 Member
    Options
    What is the supplement that Dr. Oz featured on one of his shows that helps with fat burning ?
    I just watch the Dr Oz show that aired today on Fat Busters - here is the list of supplements that were featured. He targeted women over 40 whose metabolism had slowed and needed help losing weight. They did suggest you try one - not all of these supplements - one a month to see if any helped. Add additional supplements if you have a need for additional fat busters. They also suggested this would not replace clean eating / healthy diets.

Here's the list:
    1) Konjac Root Fiber - A potent natural fiber that helps keep you full and helps regulate blood sugar. Suggested to take it 20-30 minutes before a meal. Also comes in the form of Shiratake noodes (found in asian food stores). The noodles had zero (yes zero) calories.

2) Rasberry Keytone - helps burn fat and is completely natural. take it one time a day. $12 on line purchase

3) L-Carnitine (take vitamin C to support this)... 500 mg two times a day. (check dosage according to how much you weigh)
    metabolism booster - helps keep up your energy. Takes fat pulls into the cells to be utilzed. $25 in vitamin stores

4) Unworkout - Don't need to work out in excess to burn food you haven't eaten. Cautioned not to overexercise.

5) White Kidney Bean Extract. Take when you eat starch / carbs. This supplement prevents carbs from being broken down into sugars. The starch eaten won't be absorbed. This did not mean you can eat all the carbs you wanted, just that this would help prevent absorbtion. Cost $20 in vitamin stores.

There was no discussion on any side effects, but emphasis was given that these were all natural products. I'm going to try the last one and see how it works.

I know some people don't like Dr Oz, but I like to hear what new ideas and products are out there.
  • jb_sweet_99
    jb_sweet_99 Posts: 856 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • SMarie10
    SMarie10 Posts: 956 Member
    Options
    Wondered if anyone has tried any of the Dr. Oz recommended supplements. I've been looking for the raspberry extract in the local stores, but think I may need to try GNC or a specialty store instead.
  • nicolej216
    nicolej216 Posts: 31
    Options
    I so love dr.oz i have learned alot from him and i need to have daily reminders and he gives me that just sayin.......And i know i know we all have oppinions they are like ***holes everybody has one and they all stink......
  • vauleese
    vauleese Posts: 75
    Options
    It's KELP! I have all my Dr. Oz episodes DVR'd and the day before it was about helping with cellulite. One of the TOP busters of Cellulite (an FAT btw) is Kelp