Just call me a Yo-Yo!

Options
Hi MFPers! Give me your best advice/motivation for finally sticking with it! I have been a yo-yo for 6 months. I do good for a few days, than fall off, then get back on. Repeat. Help!

Replies

• kathrynrf89
    kathrynrf89 Posts: 26 Member
    edited March 2015
    Options
    Hold onto your why and remember why you started. I put a sticky note on my bathroom with my "why", so I see it every morning.

I also found it extremely helpful to tell the people who are close to me, and to talk about the struggles with them. In the past I just tried to loose weight silently, on my own, with no support. This time around, I told the people close to me that I was trying to loose. They encourage me, listen to me when I am struggling, and celebrate with me when I reach a goal. It has made a huge difference in my success and consistency.
  • BioQueen
    BioQueen Posts: 694 Member
    Options
    The only thing that worked for me was to finally mentally commit and say 'this is the last time I am doing this' and mean it. Yo-yoing is entirely mental. I gained and lost the same 20 pounds for a few years. This time the only difference is that mentally I made the decision. The other thing is to review why you want to do this. Find a couple of things that are really important to you. The first few times I was focused more on how I looked, this time it is more important for me to get healthy (with how I look running in a close second lol).

Good luck! :)
  • w0den
    w0den Posts: 84
    Options
    If it's food, you gotta find healthy foods that you love. Then you won't be tempted to eat trash :)
  • AJHornik
    AJHornik Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    Thank you all! Great suggestions! I did clear Most of the junk from my house. I will have to re-write my "why" so I can see it somewhere!