unproportional weightloss. i want my bust back!

Options
Hi mfps, been on this site for over a month now, and its been wonderful. However, my major problem is that I am losing majority of the weight from my bust. When I was formerly slim, aboutwo years ago, I still used a DD cup, but my waist was 26. I expected that if lose weight, it would go back to that form, rather, my bust is shrinking drastically, I am one cup size down already in one month, while I have only lost an inch from my waist. Any advice? I want my waist and hips to reduce. Not the bust. Thanks

Replies

• Crystal817
    Crystal817 Posts: 2,021 Member
    Options
    You can't spot reduce in certain areas. :frown:
  • denitraross
    denitraross Posts: 325 Member
    Options
    Unfortantely there is not much you can do about where the weight drops off - I had the same problem and have now gone from a 38 DD to 34 D...but it eventually comes off in other places as well...I am down from 16 in pants to a 6 as well :)...be happy and take your loses as they come...lol
  • MontanaB
    MontanaB Posts: 439 Member
    Options
    unfortunately thats the downside of weight loss :(
  • tiffanyvc
    tiffanyvc Posts: 99
    Options
    I'm having that same problem. My only hope is that I will get slimmer all over, thus making my bust look a little more proportionate. But we'll see.

My friend once told me to work my pecs hard, because that makes the bust look bigger.
  • stephanielynn76
    stephanielynn76 Posts: 709 Member
    Options
    I went from a really full C to a B requiring padding... I feel your pain. It is what it is and there's nothing I can do about it!
  • catcrazy
    catcrazy Posts: 1,740 Member
    Options
    The good news is...sometimes when youre finished up the body settles down and the girls fill back out a little.

Similarly with breast feeding, when I finished breast feeding, my girls were little more than stones in socks...very deflated. They eventually filled right back out without weight going elsewhere
  • daydreamer_28
    daydreamer_28 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    I have to agree with everyone else. The first two places I lost were in my face and bust, then I started losing everywhere else. Are you mixing weight training in with cardio? You cannot spot reduce, but combining these two things will help and you won't get bulky like a lot of woman think.
  • daydreamer_28
    daydreamer_28 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    I went from a really full C to a B requiring padding... I feel your pain. It is what it is and there's nothing I can do about it!

This is what happened to me too! :frown:
  • jreese5226
    jreese5226 Posts: 328 Member
    Options
    It's not fair, but our bodies were designed that way. I've lost 13 pounds and it's been mostly on the top half of my body. I can wear smaller shirts but am not yet able to drop a pant size. Best of luck to you, but take heart in the fact that you're losing something.
  • minburke
    minburke Posts: 241 Member
    Options
    I've always been told that say a (Aus) 12DD (24DD) (what I am) is the same as a 14D and so a 14D is the same as a 16C etc etc... so as you go down you would want your cup to go down other wise say if you're a 16DD and went back to a 12 with no reduction in cup you would be a 12EE if that makes any sense at all :/
  • momma3sweetgirls
    momma3sweetgirls Posts: 743 Member
    Options
    If you drop in band size, your cup size will go down too even if the physical boob is still the same size. For example, the same size boob will fit in a 36 D and a 34 C (however, the band won't fit right in one case or the other). It doesn't necessarily mean your actual boobs are smaller, just that your band is smaller. Sure, some people do lose fat from their boobs - that's what they are primarily made of, afterall.
  • SarahLovesCheesecake
    Options
    My only hope is that I will get slimmer all over, thus making my bust look a little more proportionate.

Good point! Im in the same boat!
  • SarahLovesCheesecake
    Options
    They eventually filled right back out without weight going elsewhere

There IS hope!
  • louiseei
    louiseei Posts: 254 Member
    Options
    Think yourselves luckily ladies - I'm just about down to an A cup!!!
  • minburke
    Options
    If you drop in band size, your cup size will go down too even if the physical boob is still the same size. For example, the same size boob will fit in a 36 D and a 34 C (however, the band won't fit right in one case or the other). It doesn't necessarily mean your actual boobs are smaller, just that your band is smaller. Sure, some people do lose fat from their boobs - that's what they are primarily made of, afterall.

I think it's the opposite. Gain a size cup goes down, drop a size, cup goes up. As I am a 12DD but so many times stockists only go to D so I can wear a 14D on the tightest setting.
  • jennlco
    jennlco Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Unfortunately as your boobs have fat in them, when you loose weight, that is where it starts to come off. Your upper body looses weight before your lower body ...
  • momma3sweetgirls
    momma3sweetgirls Posts: 743 Member
    Options
    ^^Yeah, you're right, I had it backwards. Still, it's just a number and just a letter. Fat will fall off where it wants!!!
  • minburke
    Options
    ^^Yeah, you're right, I had it backwards. Still, it's just a number and just a letter. Fat will fall off where it wants!!!

Yeah it's confusing! Yes unfortunately it will. I've noticed mine are firmer now though not dropping a cup size (yet)..
  • funfitfoodie
    funfitfoodie Posts: 630 Member
    Options
    Tell me about it before I was a 32DD whether fat or thin but since having to work to lose the jelly belly I've gone from a DD to a C/B (I dont have the balls to get measured yet because I'm terrified it will be the latter!)
  • lnadeau66
    lnadeau66 Posts: 135 Member
    Options
    You can have some of MINE! :wink: I am losing great in the legs and waist, but can't get it to go from my arms and chest. Yesterday, I told my Dr that I am going to start walking on my hands on the treadmill! I am awaiting insurance approval to get my breast reduced. I want to start running, but I can't because it hurts.