Been at it a month.

Options
I was loosing pretty steady I am still sticking with the program and walking approx 5 miles a day, but in the last week there has been zero loss. I know I am doing healthy stuff for my body but seriously some weight loss at this point would be encouraging.. Just had to vent. If you have any suggestions pass them along!

Replies

• cerad2
    cerad2 Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    Pretty simple. Weight loss in not linear. Hopefully, whatever you have been doing for the last month is something you plan on sticking with for the next few years. So give it time.
  • joepratt503
    joepratt503 Posts: 191 Member
    Options
    Sometimes too, that even a small change in your diet...say, 5g less fat or 10g less carbs or 100 calories less will just kick things back into gear. Dont be afraid of making small tweaks.
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    I was loosing pretty steady I am still sticking with the program and walking approx 5 miles a day, but in the last week there has been zero loss. I know I am doing healthy stuff for my body but seriously some weight loss at this point would be encouraging.. Just had to vent. If you have any suggestions pass them along!

Be more patient, it's only one week, it's probably water retention.
  • jskyjse
    jskyjse Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    Switch up your exercise.
  • blankiefinder
    blankiefinder Posts: 3,599 Member
    Options
    If you've been losing steadily, keep doing what you've been doing. While I was losing, over a 6 month span, there was inevitably a one week stretch every month where I would stall. Then all of a sudden I would drop, and then it would be back to normal. And after the 6 months, I could see there was an exact pattern to that one week stall per month. So hang in there, and give it another week.

If after another week you are still stalled, take a look at what you are doing. One thing you should (and may already) be doing, is use a food scale.
  • malibu927
    malibu927 Posts: 17,565 Member
    Options
    Could you have consumed excess sodium over the past few days? Are you nearing ovulation or TOM? Did you recently increase your exercise? These can all cause water retention. Not losing over a week is not a problem, it happens to everyone. If it continues another 3-4 weeks, then it's time to tighten up your logging.
  • Liftng4Lis
    Liftng4Lis Posts: 15,150 Member
    Options
    Patience is key; keep doing what you're doing.
  • callsitlikeiseeit
    callsitlikeiseeit Posts: 8,627 Member
    Options
    everything everyone else has said. ive lost 22 pounds in roughly 7 weeks. some weeks i lose nothing (usually TOM), some weeks i lose quite a bit. the first few weeks were the most dramatic (mostly water weight, most likely), and has steadied in the weeks since.

you want to look at the over all TREND, not a week or two (or even, really 3, as long as youre not GAINING)
  • emdeesea
    emdeesea Posts: 1,823 Member
    Options
    Here's the way weight loss works for a lot of us: You do everything correctly day after day for say 3 weeks. The scale doesn't move, or even goes up a pound. Then at the 4th week, suddenly you lose a pound and a half overnight.

This is how mine is anyway. That's why I only weigh myself once a month. I'm consistent so I know I'm doing all the right things, it's just slow.