Meal planning

Options
I don't know about anyone else, but for me I have to plan out my week and meal prep so I have healthy choices for the week. I've been doing this for the last three weeks and I am down 12.6 pounds. I found this amazing website called skinny taste and the recipes are awesome and food that is kid and husband friendly(yay keeping my family happy and eating healthy). This isn't always an easy thing as I have a house of picky eaters. What are your go to ideas that help keep you on track and eating well. Any great sites out there for me healthy recipes. Let me know, would love some feedback and Any ideas people have to help make eating healthy work for a whole family that isn't necessarily as onboard with it as me. Lol thanks

Replies

• UnicornAmanda
    UnicornAmanda Posts: 294 Member
    Options
    I do the same thing... We go grocery shopping once a week and we plan out the whole weeks dinners the night before so we know exactly what we are getting and I know exactly what meals I'm gonna be preparing. It helps a lot not only with keeping healthy dinner options around because its a lot easier to think of healthy meals in advance instead of being at the store being like hmmm what am i getting? lol. it also helps with staying within a budget because I'm not getting anything extra...
  • amyoliverhoyles
    amyoliverhoyles Posts: 208 Member
    Options
    yes, I agree. I always figure out what I'am making and only buy what i need. Less trips to the store, means less chance i'll buy something i shouldn't.
  • katiekinicus
    katiekinicus Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I find it so helpful to mealplan. I know exactly what I'm cooking when I come home, and I'm not tempted to make something I'd regret. It takes a lot more work, but i think its worth it. Something that might help you is a Recipe/Grocery List App. I like "Pepperplate". When you are on a website (like SkinnyTaste) you can just hit "Add to Pepperplate" and it stores that recipe for you. The best part is, you can transfer that recipe to a mealplan, and then to a grocery list. I love it.
  • whatsizbucket
    whatsizbucket Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    Meal planning is what I do too. I went to the store yesterday, and only bought stuff on the list. I now have stuff for the rest of the week. Planning is easy peasy once you get it planned out and on the grocery list.
  • njitaliana
    njitaliana Posts: 814 Member
    Options
    I plan my meals a couple months in advance. I should plan meals for a living, LOL. But, really, it works.
  • FitPhillygirl
    FitPhillygirl Posts: 7,124 Member
    Options
    I plan my meals one day at a time.
  • DogNerd77
    Options
    I plan my lunches and dinners for the upcoming week on Saturdays and grocery shop on Sundays.
  • amyoliverhoyles
    amyoliverhoyles Posts: 208 Member
    Options
    I defiantly don't think I would be on track with my nutrition if I wasn't meal planning.
  • hesn92
    hesn92 Posts: 5,967 Member
    Options
    I do but I always have (since I've been an adult living on my own) it's the most cost effective way to grocery shop. Plus I hate going to the grocery store. Having to go again and again throughout the week would be terrible.