Out of control?

Options
I started MFP 23 days ago...and I'm totally out of control. I'm basically obsessed and long for a 4 digit number at the"calories remaining" field. It started last week, not a long time, but I already know deep inside that this is not good. I'm 5000 cals below my weekly goal and it is Sunday night in my part of the world. I know that what I' starting to do is idiotic, but it gives me some kind of rush, a feeling that I conquered hunger and can control life in general. It is so stupid to know where this could lead to and that I should be old enough to know better, but it's like my brain is on autopilot "You are hungry? no, no, no lunch...just have a cup of herbal tea..." it started all so well...all I wanted to do is to watch my nutrient intake and keep a rather sloppy eye on my calories and also integrate my morning walk calories into my food schedule. But it gets worse every day. I walked 4 hours (around 20k) on Friday to "earn" my dinner. I have to check the app several times a day just to watch the numbers stay the same and think about whether I should pick up running on top of my daily 10k walking distance in order to make it go up or not. This sucks. It is like I'm addicted to a drug "just one more day, tomorrow I will hit my goal". I just needed to get this out. Sorry for the whining.

Replies

• iwantmydenimback
    iwantmydenimback Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    Girl you're charging directly into ED territory. You need to find someone to talk to about your thought patterns and how you can loosen up and reverse this. Best of luck.
  • persephoneze
    Options
    Stop using this app immediately, eat healthy things when you're hungry, stop counting calories and seek professional help. Please. It's a slippery slope.
  • Marthy101
    Marthy101 Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    Likehikeo- I agree with the others!!! MFP is not a good thing for you now. I am no expert on nutrition and mental health, but this is seriously dangerous! Please talk to someone to help you stop this, before your health is seriously compromised!!! Make an appointment with a therapist. NO shame in it, I talk to one regularly myself!
  • zoeysasha37
    zoeysasha37 Posts: 7,088 Member
    edited March 2015
    Options
    Take a long break from the app . your behavior is not healthy
  • likehlikeo
    likehlikeo Posts: 185 Member
    Options
    Thank you all for your answers. I guess I needed someone to tell my what I already knew...I will do my best to hit my target every day and eat back ALL of my exercise calories from now on. This is my goal for March. Thank you again, sometimes you just need to "hear/read" it from another person (I hate how my mind works)...I will try my best and slip in some more calory dense foods.
  • dramaqueen45
    dramaqueen45 Posts: 1,009 Member
    Options
    No, you're not getting it. Delete the app. You obviously have tendencies to obsess about food and calories which can lead to an ED.