Newbie to MFP and RNY lifestyle

Hi all - My name is Vicky and I'm from Massachusetts. I had gastric bypass surgery (RNY) on 10/3/14. So far I am doing great! No complications and most foods agree with me, so that's an important start! I needed to lose a total of 120 lbs and since mid August I am down 39 lbs. :) My husband has been using MFP for several months and it seemed to be easy to use for him so I jumped on his bandwagon! I'd love to hear from you if you are a fellow RNY'er or if you are from Massachusetts. We can all use new friends and accountability!! Have a great day!

Replies

• bfergusonii
    bfergusonii Posts: 208 Member
    Howdy. Happy to hear that your husband is doing so well and you have jumped on the wagon also. I have lost about 50 pounds. Happy to help anyway I can. Feel free to send me a FR.
  • sdterpasl
    sdterpasl Posts: 4 Member
    Hi vIbarc56, I have been using MFP since April or May of 2014. I had RNY on 10-14-14 I am down 28.3lbs since surgery but since April I am down 53.3!! Congradulations on your RNY! It has been amazing :smile:
  • GoThunder106
    GoThunder106 Posts: 4 Member
    Hi! I just had RNY 2/9/15. I'm 3 wks out. First 2 wks I lost 14lbs. I seems to be at a stall right now. Kinda fustrating....
  • MarciBkonTrk
    MarciBkonTrk Posts: 310 Member
    Congratulations to all of you for taking this journey. I am eight years out and even though I've gained some back I have never regretted having the surgery. Please all of you feel free to friend me. I've started strictly following the guidelines and I'm on my way back to my size 8 skinny jeans. There will be peaks and valleys on this journey but wow what a ride!!! I'm happy to be a friend, sounding board, mentor, whatever you need. B)