trying is hard

Options
PrettyBrownThick
PrettyBrownThick Posts: 6 Member
edited March 2015 in Getting Started
So it's only been day 4 but I'm trying so hard to lose weight!

Replies

• debubbie
    debubbie Posts: 767 Member
    Options
    It is hard to lose weight, especially when you are first starting out. But, as you learn how your body functions and reacts to food and your mental relationship with food it does get easier. You can add me if you would like a supportive friend.
  • salenamartine
    Options
    I feel you! I am finally trying to lose all the baby weight I gained after having my son and I find that the counting calories part is harder than exercise. I love me some food! Lol 1010 calories a day goes by fast with small portions. I'm determined. Summer is around the corner and I want to finally feel happy with my body.
  • PrettyBrownThick
    Options
    Thank you both.. I find myself trying not to eat..although it's dangerous.I dont knw what's going on with me mentally...
  • debubbie
    Options
    I am all about some food! I eat around 1600-2000 a day depending upon if I exercised that day or not. I am losing about a pound a week that way, sometimes more if I increase my step count average for the week.

I had to do a lot of trial and error to find foods that keep me full that didn't break the calorie bank. I had to increase my proteins and fats some while decreasing the carbs a bit for me. I found that helps to curb the hunger, plus I drink a lot of water and very few calories are in liquid form for me.
  • PurpleYFronts
    PurpleYFronts Posts: 344 Member
    Options
    Where are you at the moment with your stats? 'Trying not to eat' sounds concerning in itself so leting us know where your starting point is might help us to give advice.
  • PrettyBrownThick
    Options
    I will try to eat healthy. I can do it! I gotta have more faith.
  • debubbie
    Options
    What is your weight loss goal and how many calories are you set up to eat each day?
  • PrettyBrownThick
    Options
    I wanna lose 30pds and keep it off.. as for calories 1210 .. I'm a train wreck
  • PurpleYFronts
    PurpleYFronts Posts: 344 Member
    Options
    I appreciate you want to lose weight and you have a low calorie goal, but what is your starting point? What weight, age, height etc. then I guess we can advise whether your on track to a healthy goal or not.
  • Liftng4Lis
    Liftng4Lis Posts: 15,150 Member
    Options
    I wanna lose 30pds and keep it off.. as for calories 1210 .. I'm a train wreck

Plus you get to earn more through exercise. Perhaps you have your goal set too aggressively? A pound a week, allows you more calories. Additionally, pre-logging your day, lets you know what to expect.
  • 2snakeswoman
    2snakeswoman Posts: 655 Member
    Options
    I think your target calories are too low, especially for starting out. When I came back to MFP, I started with 1700 calories and discovered that I must have been eating hella amounts of food because that just didn't feel like enough. After the third day, I was confident with doing 1700, so I went back to settings and recalculated how much I should eat for a sedentary lifestyle and got 1450. That's for a sedentary old woman of 61. Being young, you should have more calories than that.
  • PrettyBrownThick
    Options
    I think I need help with this process...