Tips and tricks

Options
anyone got any good tips or trick for weight loss ? I am going to the gym most nights and trying to stay under 2000 cal a day. Any extra help would be amazing. Thanks

Replies

• bethnewey
    bethnewey Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    I have a glass of cold water with a tblsp of white chai seeds in it to help me not overeat at dinner...
    I drink it quickly before the chai seeds swell up and it seems to work so well!! Tonight I was hungry but didnt want to eat before tea, so I had a glass (but with 2 tblsp) and actually felt full for about an hour 1/2- 2 hours.
    Chai seeds are apparently pretty good for you too lol.
  • Laurend224
    Laurend224 Posts: 1,748 Member
    Options
    Consistently weigh and log accurately, while eating less calories than you burn.
  • tallpaulhodgson
    Options
    Thanks Beth and Laurend I will try it out.
  • malibu927
    malibu927 Posts: 17,565 Member
    Options
    Laurend224 wrote: »
    Consistently weigh and log accurately, while eating less calories than you burn.

This is pretty much all you need to know
  • SergeantSausage
    SergeantSausage Posts: 1,673 Member
    Options
    General advice for everyone: Slow down. There's nothing wrong with a pound a week. Half a pound a week. Even less if it helps you keep the train on the tracks.
  • dunnodunno
    dunnodunno Posts: 2,290 Member
    Options
    Take this process one day at a time. Don't beat yourself up if you don't lose weight every week since so many variables can cause fluctuations.

Eat what you like in moderation & don't give up anything unless you have a medical condition or it's a food you know you can't moderate without going on a huge binge. Invest in a food scale that measures in grams & ounces so you can get a better understanding of what a portion is i.e. cereal & ice cream.
  • ben_100
    ben_100 Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    Tips or Tricks - Love that dollorama store.. Bought all these little containers and have been making my own versions of Starbuck's yogurt parfait, and also tuna or salmon snack packs with rice crackers, and fruit salad - make a week or more's worth at one time and load up the fridge... Then add them to my recipes .. Speed things up during the work week..accurate fast calorie recording
  • blankiefinder
    blankiefinder Posts: 3,599 Member
    Options
    As mentioned, use a food scale and weigh everything. Underestimate your burn calories, and don't log things that you were doing when you were overweight (like walking the dog for 10 minutes, vacuuming the house...). Stick with it, be patient, and set realistic goals.
  • cazpom37
    cazpom37 Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    General advice for everyone: Slow down. There's nothing wrong with a pound a week. Half a pound a week. Even less if it helps you keep the train on the tracks.

i agree with this. i lost 2 and half stone in 2012 with 1 pound or half pound losses. it came off steadily and stayed off.
  • callsitlikeiseeit
    callsitlikeiseeit Posts: 8,627 Member
    Options
    eat less, move more ;)

weigh your food
    dont demonize any food (you can have a candy bar a day if you can make it fit in your calorie goals)
    if weight fluctuations stress you out, dont own a scale
    dont log stupid stuff as exercise (housecleaning, cooking dinner, laundry, etc)
    dont stress about eating out
  • Liftng4Lis
    Liftng4Lis Posts: 15,151 Member
    Options
    Use a food scale for everything!
  • DeadLift107
    Options
    Weigh everything you eat to be accurate, protein helps keep you full for longer periods of time so an increase in protein can help curb your appetite.