Discrepancy between recipie calories when recipe is entered and the calories that show when logged.

Options
MI6Monkey
MI6Monkey Posts: 1 Member
This is a weird one for me: just put in a recipe and when all said and done I was told it was 136 cals per serving (killer!) but when I go to log it the calories come up as 100 (err...extra super killer?!?). Anyone had this problem?

Replies

• fastrix
    fastrix Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I did...! IIt happens a lot.. Sometimes I go back in and erase one item, save it, then add it back in and save it again and it works. Or I change the serving size and change it back. I don't know why it happens though... a couple days ago it logged a 300 cal muffin I made at 10calories! Man, I wish!! Haha
  • johnnylakis
    johnnylakis Posts: 812 Member
    Options
    I normally log the individual components because that is more accurate. A pain yes, but lets face it, no pain, no gain
  • ILiftHeavyAcrylics
    ILiftHeavyAcrylics Posts: 27,732 Member
    Options
    That's a new one on me but I'll be watching for it now. Thanks for the warning.
  • JDownie91
    JDownie91 Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    Yes, I have noticed this. Can be frustrating but I do as @fastrix mentioned- add, delete, etc. until I can tell its the same.
  • debrakgoogins
    debrakgoogins Posts: 2,033 Member
    Options
    I haven't noticed this but I will keep my eye out for the future. A different glitch I found is that I have a wheat bread recipe that I make that has four ingredients, including half a teaspoon of sea salt. It has six servings per recipe. It logs the sodium for one serving at over 2000 per serving.
  • terricherry2
    terricherry2 Posts: 222 Member
    Options
    This has happened the last few times I've used the app rather than the website to build a recipe. Annoying!
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
    Options
    The recipe tool is all messed up, it doesn't surprise me. But I haven't noticed, because typically got me 1g is one serving, but I guess it could be way off and I wouldn't notice.

But when I try to edit a recipe, the number for each ingredient is way off for some reason... it shows up at 1, 045355151 or something when I just entered 1 serving of flour. I don't get it...
  • robagostinelli
    robagostinelli Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    I had this happen too I had to re-enter my whole recipe to fix the glitch. Pain in the butt. Glad I caught it tho or I would be eating over my calories and not even know it.
  • nono706
    nono706 Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    I've tried to get around this by making the recipe one serving and then adding it to my diary as 1/8, 1/4, or whatever.
  • jessjess210
    jessjess210 Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    You don't really have to add or delete anything. Just go into your recipes, hit edit recipe, and then just keep hitting the next arrows til you reach the end, and hit save again. That's been working for me
  • BaxterBoldt
    Options
    This just happened to me too. Calculated value for the recipe was 307 calories, but when I logged it showed up as 3. This was with the Android app. When I saved the recipe on the website, it fixed it, although I still had to remove the wrong version from my Diary and add the correct one. Is there any way to get somebody to try to fix this?
  • jglovicz
    jglovicz Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    Happened to me - went back and re-saved the recipe and then it worked
  • steph7063
    steph7063 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I'm in IOS and it has been happening to most of my recipes over the past 2 weeks...
  • NaurielR
    NaurielR Posts: 429 Member
    Options
    Yeah, I've had this happen to me too. There are two ways to save a recipe; you can either save it and log it at the same time, or you can just save it without logging it. I find that if I try to save without logging, when I do try to log it later on the calories are wrong. But if I save and log it, the calories are correct. If I then delete what I logged, and can relog it again and the calories will still be correct,

It's very odd
  • jenmsu83
    jenmsu83 Posts: 185 Member
    Options
    Yes this happens to me every time I enter a recipe in the app. SOOOO annoying! Please fix this in your next update MFP!