Favorite healthy meals?

Options
I feel that with my weight loss I have the most difficult time with the food. I was wondering what everyone else ate in a day to hopefully help me come up with some new foods that I like and can put into a healthy lifestyle. Thank you in advance for any responses! :)

Replies

• arditarose
    arditarose Posts: 15,573 Member
    Options
    My favorite dinner is not very exciting, but it's huge and only 400 calories.

4-6 ounces of ground turkey
    150 grams zucchinni
    150 grams yellow squash
    1 garlic clove
    50 grams onion
    50-75 grams of tomato
    50-75 grams of mushroom
    1-2 cups of spinach
    Cooked with .5 tablespoon of olive oil
    Topped with chipotle hot sauce
    Mix in one wedge of laughing cow creamy fresco chipotle cheese.

• Mafuezee
    Mafuezee Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    turkey meat with veggies and pasta
  • shaumom
    shaumom Posts: 1,003 Member
    Options
    Socca bread pizza - socca bread is a French chickpea based flat bread, super easy to make (chickpea flour, water, salt, and oil, maybe herbs if you like), and then I top it with tomato sauce and homemade roasted red bell peppers. Meat sometimes, too.

• kayeiam
    kayeiam Posts: 215 Member
    Options
    I have an open food diary... take a look, but I am diabetic and eat a LCHF diet (eat approx 100 carbs a day)
  • kayeiam
    kayeiam Posts: 215 Member
    Options
    arditarose wrote: »

150 grams zucchinni
    150 grams yellow squash
    1 garlic clove
    50 grams onion
    50-75 grams of tomato
    50-75 grams of mushroom
    1-2 cups of spinach

This sounds good (also healthy) I am going to have to try this :smiley: thanks
  • arditarose
    Options
    kayeiam wrote: »

150 grams zucchinni
    150 grams yellow squash
    1 garlic clove
    50 grams onion
    50-75 grams of tomato
    50-75 grams of mushroom
    1-2 cups of spinach

This sounds good (also healthy) I am going to have to try this :smiley: thanks

It's a lot of food. I have to use one of those metal salad mixing bowls for it lol
  • KathyMBragg
    KathyMBragg Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    I have the same breakfast every day to make planning easier, granola and yogurt. For lunch I love grilled chicken strips with hot sauce, ranch dressing and vegetable strips. For dinner I have seared top round steak sauteed with onion and mushrooms, 1/4 cup butterbeans, and flat italian green beans. (lean meat, small starch, big serving of vegetables) Every evening I have another yogurt and if I am extra hungry some air popped popcorn.
  • Shanairah1991
    Shanairah1991 Posts: 152 Member
    Options
    I LOVE gravy so a perfect low cal meal for me would be a plate full of different veggies bathed in gravy. Mmmmmm.
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,868 Member
    Options
    Grilled New York Strip steak with mashed potatoes and veg side of my choice.
  • tat2cookie
    tat2cookie Posts: 1,899 Member
    Options
    Kale and raw Brussel sprout Cesar salad with either chicken or salmon.
  • williams969
    williams969 Posts: 2,528 Member
    edited March 2015
    Options
    I have tons of them. I love a 2-3 egg omelet/scramble stuffed with all the veggies I can find, a sprinkle of cheese, hot sauce or salsa, and a few small corn tortillas to scoop it all up. Bonus if I've got the room for a 1/4 of an avocado (aw, I'll MAKE room if there's a good looking one at the store that day--Wisconsin people problem, lol).

Or, I like to make 3-bean chili w/ lean ground turkey, blend some veggies in to thicken and add nutrients, made extra spicy, served w/ Greek yogurt (sour cream sub), cheddar, and tortillas. Super filling, low in calories (mine usually clocks in around 200-250 per cup serving, before the add ons), and high in protein and fiber.
  • williams969
    williams969 Posts: 2,528 Member
    Options

150 grams zucchinni
    150 grams yellow squash
    1 garlic clove
    50 grams onion
    50-75 grams of tomato
    50-75 grams of mushroom
    1-2 cups of spinach

That's sound really good. Similar to what I stuff into an omelet. Sounds like a heaping plate of awesome :D
  • BuffaloChixSalad
    BuffaloChixSalad Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    my username says it all. just go light on hot sauce.. which i can't seem to manage.. lol
  • arditarose
    Options

150 grams zucchinni
    150 grams yellow squash
    1 garlic clove
    50 grams onion
    50-75 grams of tomato
    50-75 grams of mushroom
    1-2 cups of spinach

That's sound really good. Similar to what I stuff into an omelet. Sounds like a heaping plate of awesome :D

I added 12 tablespoons of egg beaters to it tonight too. So full.
  • beemerphile1
    beemerphile1 Posts: 1,710 Member
    Options
    Had one of my favs tonight.

Beef pot roast
    Potatoes
    Turnips
    Onions
    Carrots

Reducing calories doesn't mean I can't eat good food.
  • lauraldrum
    lauraldrum Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    I have a recipe blog and the newest 15 recipes are low carb/low fat/high protein recipes. I have step-by-step pictures too! I have about 8 new ones to post and more on the way!

https://facebook.com/thefoodistachronicles
  • PeachyPlum
    PeachyPlum Posts: 1,243 Member
    Options
    I make a couple of chicken salad recipes (like actual chicken salad, not salad topped with chicken) that use yogurt instead of mayonnaise.

But then, I usually serve them on a giant bed of spinach, so I guess that makes them a salad topped with chicken after all.
  • FatFreeFrolicking
    FatFreeFrolicking Posts: 4,252 Member
    Options
    • Salmon, brown rice, asparagus with EVOO and garlic
    • Grilled chicken, roasted sweet taters, green beans with EVOO and garlic
    • Stuffed peppers
    • Chicken cacciatore with polenta

My chili:
    1 pound 93% lean ground beef
    1 small onion, chopped
    2-3 garlic cloves, minced
    1 large orange bell pepper, chopped
    1 can black beans, rinsed
    Chili powder to taste
    Ground pepper to taste
    Shredded sharp cheddar to taste

Brown meat. Add veggies, black beans, and spices. Simmer for 20 minutes or until veggies are cooked.

Serve with cornbread.
  • peleroja
    peleroja Posts: 3,979 Member
    Options
    I'm obsessed with the bagged Dole "Chop Chop" salads. Half a bag of that with some veggie ground round or chicken and a diced bell pepper, green onion, some jalapenos, and tomato? Such a good dinner, under 500 calories, huge, and there's enough fat in the dressing and fibre in all those vegetables that I stay full forever.

I also like to halve and grill bell peppers and top them with light goat cheese, tons of basil, and pretty much any protein (but especially a bit of steak.)

Roasted vegetables, too. I can happily just eat a pile of brussels sprouts, broccoli, and asparagus with sliced garlic, roasted in the oven with some balsamic or lemon and sprinkled with salt and pepper, then finished with a tsp of white truffle oil after I've taken them out of the oven. Heaven. I have a huge mound of those with a piece of medium-rare salmon or some sauteed shrimp all the time.
  • Need2Exerc1se
    Need2Exerc1se Posts: 13,575 Member
    Options
    Nearly all of my meals are healthy and I eat a great variety. Some recent meals we've had:

Baked salmon, roasted broccoli and black-eyed pea salad
    Grilled trout, collard greens sauteed in olive oil and garlic, marinated mushrooms
    Red beans and brown rice (with chopped jalepeno, bell pepper, onion, celery and garlic), and leafy green salad
    Shrimp stir fry (with onions, broccoli and carrots)
    Roast chicken and quinoa/bean salad
    Venison stew (vension roast, butternut squash, turnips, carrots, onions, garlic, mushrooms)
    Spaghetti - ground turkey, chopped onion, garlic, jalepeno, tomato sauce, herbs (dried and fresh) and Fiber Gourmet pasta