Anyone else addicted to sweets??

Options
I can't stay away from sweets :( every time I get a craving I cave, and eat the most unhealthy sweets. If you have the same problem, add me and maybe we can help each other out!! Lol

Replies

• hollyberry6182
    hollyberry6182 Posts: 345 Member
    Options
    OMG! It's like looking in a mirror.
  • Wmr1978
    Wmr1978 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    I tend to eat sugary foods when I am stressed. ( which is a lot lately) lol please feel free to add me if y
  • Wmr1978
    Wmr1978 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    * add me if you like
  • lisabupnorth
    lisabupnorth Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Sugar...I believe causes my inflammation in my legs.
  • spencermt
    spencermt Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    It is so hard. I have the worst sweet tooth. At times I can't stop the cravings. I have been working really hard at keeping the sugar in check. Feel free to add me if you want.
  • kimberlydgarcia
    kimberlydgarcia Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    The week before my monthly friend shows up, I'm a monster. I crave sweets like cookie monster! It's so annoying...... AND throws me way off!
  • mhulgan
    mhulgan Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    I have major cravings for sweets, and I'm insulin resistant, so they are particularly bad for me! I have given up desserts for Lent, and what had helped me is fruit. Any time I have a craving for something sweet, I eat a pear or an apple - high fiber fruits. It has really helped me take control.
  • lindseyrenee8
    lindseyrenee8 Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    I am a yuck mouth as my aunt use to call me. I love cakes, pies, donuts anything cakey. I have learned and accepted thats who I am. For years I have tried to deny those urges to loose weight. Never work. What did work is finding MFP and learning the science behind weight loss. I don't deny myself ANYTHING! I'm loosing like never before.

I learned portion control. If I want a burger, I eat it. Pie, I eat it. I stay within my calorie budget and I walk now and again. Instead of eating 2 servings of bday cake, I eat 1. One or 2 krispy kreme instead of half dozen or the entire box. Yes, I could easily eat 6-12 donuts in a sitting or a medium pizza. I am an emotional eater and often ate because I wanted to, not cause of hunger. I don't believe denying what you love will help you with long term success. You want a lifestyle change. Diets are temporary. Eat your sweets and be conscious of your portions.
  • avantikaashankar
    avantikaashankar Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Hi! I love sweets as well, especially chocolate!! I couldnt control the amount I ate, and I ended up eating a lot as a result. I didnt lose weight despite working out like crazy every day. Then I decided that to get a handle on my cravings, I was going to cut out sugar for a month, and see how I felt! Its what I did with cigarettes and some other stuff I was dependent on, so I thought, why not try it with sugar?? and so I havent had anything sugar at all since Feb 7th, but im going to let myself eat one small dessert on march 7th!! the cravings were awful at first - i would have nightmares!! - but now im pretty happy and motivated!! this is just what worked for me, though, because moderation is not in my vocabulary unfortunately :)