Hey guys I need help! (Philly friends?)

Options
Good morning -- I need some support! I am new here -- just a few days. But I've been working strong since Sunday (gotta start somewhere!!) I have 37 lbs to lose (to get to onderland!) And I am going on a cruise in October. I have a few friends on here and reading their updates on my feed REALLY helps me remember I'm not alone. I feel like a bum for asking for friends on here... but I really think it'll help. :)

I am a 26 yr old professional in Philly -- I'd love some Philly friends to work out with... but all the help I can get is welcomed.

Everybody has been so helpful so far. I know I can do this!

-Amanda

Replies

• beckyinma
    beckyinma Posts: 1,433 Member
    Options
    You can totally do this! :)
  • ZebraHead
    ZebraHead Posts: 15,207 Member
    Options
    Welcome to MFP. This is the place you want to be.

Be prepared to:

Make new friends
    Find great support
    Make a lifestyle change
    Recognize this is a journey
    Realize this is not a 'diet'
    Find a sustainable way of eating and living
    Don't look for quick fixes
    Forgive yourself

:flowerforyou:
  • curvygirl512
    curvygirl512 Posts: 423 Member
    Options
    In PA, but not in Philly. I joined just over a month ago and lost 7 pounds already. If I can do this, you can too.

Feel free to friend me.
  • woofus
    woofus Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Hello!! - I'm pretty new here too and live in Downingtown.....kind of close to Phila...
  • savvystephy
    savvystephy Posts: 4,151 Member
    Options
    I used to live near Philly (in NJ) when I started here, but moved for graduate school. But, welcome to MFP! This is a great website! Feel free to add me. I am in the Philly area sometimes (visiting my grandmother and aunt) so maybe we can workout together sometime!
  • liz11599
    liz11599 Posts: 220 Member
    Options
    You've come to the right place to start your new journey. I'm not in Philly, but am in the south east region of PA, so feel free to add me. I started on MFP in the beginning of Feb. and have lost over 15 lbs. already and I can honestly say that if it wasn't for everyone's support here I wouldn't have gotten this far. And reading all of the success stories and getting inspired by everyone's motivation keeps me going every single day. You can do this!! :smile:
  • beckyinma
    beckyinma Posts: 1,433 Member
    Options
    Welcome to MFP. This is the place you want to be.

Be prepared to:

Make new friends
    Find great support
    Make a lifestyle change
    Recognize this is a journey
    Realize this is not a 'diet'
    Find a sustainable way of eating and living
    Don't look for quick fixes
    Forgive yourself

:flowerforyou:

LOVE THIS!