What keeps you motivated?

Options
I've recently decided to start on my new fitness goal, however I have found it difficult recently to have even half the motivation I had previously. I had successfully lost 11 stone in 14 months dropping from 27 stone to 16. To keep myself motivated I decided to do a half marathon, something few would have believed I could do when I first started at 27 stone. I finished the half marathon and the feeling was second to none, however I have found it tough to keep pushing since then.

So how do you keep yourself motivated to start again or to push on to something new?

Replies

• DeadLift107
    Options
    I look at a picture I have from when I first started to workout, just me with my huge gut no shirt and I hate it. I just look at that old pic and it makes me never want to be that again
  • debubbie
    debubbie Posts: 767 Member
    Options
    I try to find new goals to work towards, such as improving race time or learning a new sport. Looking at pics at my highest weight also helps to remind me that I don't want to go back to that ever again!
  • Alexandria1213
    Alexandria1213 Posts: 152 Member
    Options
    For me, its the obvious facts of being healthier and actually comfortable with me body. Honestly though I also want to do it just to finally shut up all the people that belittled me about me weight
  • maroonmango211
    maroonmango211 Posts: 908 Member
    Options
    I make monthly (or so) mini goals to work towards but honestly long term its all about health and freedom, being a healthy weight and relatively fit makes it so I can keep up with my kids, fit the clothes I like and feel over all much more confident about my life and how I look/feel. I agree though looking at old pictures or remember when I couldn't __________ (insert thing I CAN do now) is huge for motivation.
  • eoin21
    eoin21 Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone they're all great ways to keep motivated, I'm going to use each one of them :D91p6w39fsxkj.jpg
    I've now put this as a healthy reminder as my wallpaper to keep going further than what I have