18 days and counting

Options
Hi, I'm Andrea. I'm 40 years old from CT. I've been on my journey 18 days so far. My goal is to lose 75lbs and get healthier. I lost my mom in 2011, she was 61 years old and all of her health issues were caused by her being over weight and unhealthy. I promised my daughters (and husband) I would not put them through what I went through with her. They've been extremely supportive. So here I am hoping to get guidance and support. Thanks.

Replies

• suruda
    suruda Posts: 1,233 Member
    Options
    Welcome Andrea! how have your first 18 days been? Have you lost a few pounds? seems like you should have lost a few in that amount of time. I've been back at MFP since 1/4 and have lost 15 pounds. would like to lose at least 30 more...but I'm pretty sure for my height (5'4") I should lose more like 50 more, I've just never gotten that low.
  • lmbs1966
    lmbs1966 Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    welcome, hope you have a successful journey
  • msandiec
    msandiec Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Thank you Ladies. I've lost 4 pounds so far, my goal is 70 total. I'm 5'10" so I don't look as heavy as I am, I'm more into trying to be healthy for myself and my family and if the jeans fit better, then Yay!!
  • slvc0721
    slvc0721 Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    Keep up the good work, I have been on MFP since 2/16 about 17 days, good luck in your journey. Just think of your Mom when things get tough, and remember how much your family loves you. It's great that you're doing it for them, but do it for YOU too!!!