5 Months and Counting- Celebrating Success

Options
It's been 5 months since I started my weight loss journey. 5 months and 27kgs down.

It is amazing how little you celebrate success. Or how short lived the celebration is. Not long ago I had my 'Yay I am under 80kg' celebration shortly followed by thoughts of where I 'should' be, that I shouldn't have had to lose this much weight/let it get so bad... That my legs are still fat and my belly still bloats etc etc I could go on forever!

It is also funny that you don't often realize how big you get for a while. The picture attached from June last year was a massive wake up call. I had no idea my face got that big. It is my work identification and one of the only photos I can call a 'before' photo.

As many people who struggle with their weight can understand when you feel fat you don't often take many photos! I wish I had taken more so that I could truly look back and be excited for myself and where I am headed.

My photos don't show a very dramatic change... But I feel 'normal' in my current photo and that's good enough for me :)

Replies

• bonboncito
    bonboncito Posts: 234 Member
    Options
    Wow love the diffrence in your face!
  • dinobomp
    dinobomp Posts: 170 Member
    Options
    Fantastic job! And you look very pretty in both pics!!
  • courtneymedwell2014
    courtneymedwell2014 Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    Thanks guys! I wish I had taken more photos (especially body shots) before I began losing weight to see more of a difference though! @dinobomp @bonboncito
  • craignev
    craignev Posts: 1,247 Member
    Options
    Big difference....well done!
  • qstneverything
    qstneverything Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    Woohoo! You look totally cute and comfortable in your second picture and it's given me motivation
  • Liftng4Lis
    Liftng4Lis Posts: 15,150 Member
    Options
    Way to get it!!! Woot Woot!
  • etfit78
    etfit78 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    That is great! My fitness pal helped me to be alert of what I was eating. I lost 25 pounds in 5 months. And the best part, is that I have been away for a while and did not gain any weight. Now I want to loose more, so Im in track again. The application is the best.
  • samanthaElla
    samanthaElla Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Ure gorgeous. And 27kg is amazingly a lot in 5 months, i feel sooo motivated when reading ur story. keep up the good job
  • courtneymedwell2014
    courtneymedwell2014 Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    Thanks guys xx @samanthaElla‌ @Liftng4Lis‌ @qstneverything‌ you're very sweet. Congrats @etfit78‌ that's amazing good luck with your new goals xx
  • Armagan123
    Armagan123 Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    Congratulations! How do you do it? How many calories per day? Any type of exercise?
  • 999tigger
    999tigger Posts: 5,235 Member
    Options
    You look fantastic. Great cheekbones.
  • Tittan44
    Tittan44 Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    Your transformation is comming along fantasticly keep it up we all enjoy seeing success
  • chrissyfitter
    chrissyfitter Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    You looked beautiful before and even more Beautiful now. Good job! :)
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!