Fell off the wagon for the month of February...

Options
I let my good eating habits and exercise slip during February but I'm ready to hit it again. I had been regularly eating a few different Green Giant steamer bags for lunch everyday at work. I think I just ate so many of them I can't even look at them anymore and I'm having a hard time finding something else simple to grab and go at work. Then I had some issues with foot and elbow pain so everything kind of crashed for the month and I gained 4lbs after losing 21 since starting with MFP. The good news is I am committing to making March my turnaround...can I get a Hell Yeah!!

Replies

• lovewholenut
    Options
    Good for you, don't give up. We all have times where we go off the rails. It's whether you can get on track that matters, well done and keep positive x
  • Liftng4Lis
    Liftng4Lis Posts: 15,150 Member
    Options
    Go get it!
  • melly0405
    melly0405 Posts: 215 Member
    Options
    HELL YEAH YOU CAN DO IT
  • RHPgirl
    RHPgirl Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I'm with you!!! Go March!!! Starting strong by heading for a 10k walk!!!
  • brahmergirl
    brahmergirl Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    Falling off of the fitness wagon is easy to do, I think we have all been guilty a time or two (or more). The good thing is you are getting back on starting today. I too ate so many smoothies that I couldn't look at another one for a while. I think we do that, we find something that is easy to eat and grab while at work so that it is not junk food or high in calories/fat and we burn ourselves out on it. Good job on your 21# loss! Keep it up!
  • Allterrain_Lady
    Allterrain_Lady Posts: 421 Member
    Options
    It happened to EVERYONE at least once. And it is possible to bounce back. You'll do it. Here's to a fabulous March!
  • CherryChan81
    CherryChan81 Posts: 264 Member
    Options
    Feb was super bad for me too... no gym and kept on eating uncontrollably - EVERY SINGLE DAY! March will be a #restart month! All the best to us!
  • ReneDavidson
    ReneDavidson Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    Ok, I am starting back on this life style of taking care of myself…March is my month to work hard at a better me.
  • RodaRose
    RodaRose Posts: 9,562 Member
    Options
    I hope you found a new lunch. Good job getting back to your plan. You have made progress and you know how great that feels. (*) (*) B)
  • astrose00
    astrose00 Posts: 754 Member
    Options
    Good luck! I would suggest adding variety to your meals to keep things interesting and tasty. Also, eating protein in each meal is generally a good idea and keeps you full and helps maintain muscle mass with a strength training program. Maybe a bag of steamables, some grilled chicken and some rice or potato and make a "bowl". You can experiment with different herbs and spices to keep things fun.

And look on the bright side: February is the SHORTEST month, so you picked the best month to have a relapse! Seriously, you will be fine.