Too busy can't be the excuse...

I am a 34 year old full time working mom of 3 under the age of 6! Ideally I'd love to lose 50 pounds, but have been finding the craziness of everyday life getting in the way of my goals. I've decided that it is definitely time to stop making excuses and get it done, because let's face it- who doesn't want to be the hot mom?!?
- Would love some motivation and support from anyone in a similar boat...

Replies

• melly0405
    melly0405 Posts: 215 Member
    My children are grown but I work full time and I understand your challenge. Remember this if you don't make time for yourself and your health what are you teaching your children? I can tell you from experience kids are more likely to mimic what they see is do than what we tell them to do. Start out slow maybe 10 or 15 minutes of exercise in the morning before the day gets away from you. Plan healthy meals for the family get the kids started young with good eating habits it's a gift they will have forever. Good luck and let me know how you're doing.
  • debubbie
    debubbie Posts: 767 Member
    Have your kids do some exercises with you by making it a game. My friend's nephew loves to compete against her to see who can do the most situps! Every time he comes in he has to beat her at it, lol. Some kids enjoy playing the Wii fit or Kinect games that gets you up and moving together. I read about a woman that took her son with her for walks twice a week at which point they would talk about everything going on, and then on two different days she would take her daughter out for the same kind of walks. Both kids loved having mom all to themselves and would not allow her to make excuses for skipping out on the walks!

You may try doing mini exercises workouts when you get a chance. For example, walking lunges as you walk to the bathroom, pushups during a commercial, squats while waiting for something to microwave. I often do leg swings while I am cooking!

Feel free to friend me if you would like.
  • rox4012
    rox4012 Posts: 7 Member
    Stay-at-home mom of 2 young kids here and I struggle with that excuse as well - pls add me as a friend and we can do it together.
  • Lizzy622
    Lizzy622 Posts: 3,705 Member
    My kids are grown now but when they were little I would do things with them. If the weather allowed we would be out building snow forts, playing ball or frisbee or just running around in circles. When weather was bad we would silly dance to Elmo songs or other Sesame Street tapes or played wii games. Although being active is important. remember the key to losing is eating right and the right amount. My favorite snack is cucumber slices. When my kids were little I always had a big bowl handy and they would grab some as a snack too.
  • I too have about 50lb to lose and being a single mum with 3 kids and 2 jobs it's so hard finding time to exercise every day. If I can't get to the gym I try to up my steps for the day to 20,000. Feel free to add me too x
  • healthnut050
    healthnut050 Posts: 26 Member
    Getting the kids involved is always a good idea. Take them to the park and run around with them. Bring a ball a frisbee and a healthy picnic. You can have fun time with the kids and everyone gets exercise!