Help! Working Out is Drying Out My Face! Any Lotion/Facewash

Options
Any ladies out there have any good but fairly inexpensive lotion and/or moisturizing facewash recommendations? I have noticed that as I'm working out more often, the sweat is completely drying out my face. I have just been rinsing my face with cold water after a workout and washing it in the shower later that night, but obviously I need to change my routine.

Any recommendations/advice would be super helpful!

Replies

• JesaGrace
    JesaGrace Posts: 799 Member
    Options
    I need to know this as well....
  • LyndseyMcKnight7
    Options
    Same thing happens to me. The only thing that helps is Aveeno Face Lotion with SPF15. I use it every morning and every night, and no more dry skin. It's about $15/bottle, but it's totally worth it!
  • cmyrick75
    cmyrick75 Posts: 187 Member
    Options
    I would increase your water intake and I prefer to use an avon cream for the face. I can't remember the name but they make one for the am and the pm.
  • foxxybrown
    foxxybrown Posts: 838 Member
    Options
    Carol's Daughter's Face Butter
  • iwillsoonbeslim
    Options
    I find the same, plus all the extra showers...I swear by Nivea products for my face and body :)
  • SpaceMarkus
    SpaceMarkus Posts: 651
    Options
    Happens to me, too. It's highly recommend you wash with COLD water. Also, some moisturizers will dry your face out more before they start to work, but after this odd period they work great!
  • wonnder1
    wonnder1 Posts: 460
    Options
    Good old Oil of Olay (I like the age defying night one)

Worked for my grandma (seriously, she has the best skin ever.)
  • jmruef
    jmruef Posts: 824 Member
    Options
    I use Oil of Olay as well except I go for the Walmart / Walgreen's generic version - same stuff, but costs a lot less.
  • catcrazy
    catcrazy Posts: 1,740 Member
    Options
    firstly make sure you are not dehydrated from working out...it will show in the face first.

It could be salt from the sweat causing the dryness so either try a face friendly barrier cream...a thin layer of good old vaseline should do. or cleanse and moisturise your face with your preferred cream immediately after your work out. As for washing your face, avoid soap...get some emollient cream that can be used for washing with...it can also be used as a moisturiser and is very cheap! (e45 emollient) but bigger chemists do unbranded versions which are just as good for around £2 for a HUGE tub
  • llm12
    llm12 Posts: 49
    Options
    This may sound odd, but I use Baby excema lotion. You can find it down the baby aisle with the powders and other baby lotions (I get it at Fred Meyer). It's fairly inexpensive, one $6 tube lasts me about nine months. Every since I started using it, I haven't had dry skin problems. The best part is the ingredients are all natural.
  • MandaLee8908
    MandaLee8908 Posts: 1,353 Member
    Options
    Up your water intake. As for lotions, I prefer Biore or Aveeno for combination skin. Burt's Bees is wonderful too! You can buy all three at Walmart or Meijer I do believe.
  • imogenboo
    imogenboo Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    I love clinque moisturizers, pricy but worth it! You don't really have to use a great deal for it to still be effective so a pot will last you a while!
  • Dnsnyder
    Dnsnyder Posts: 263 Member
    Options
    Garnier makes an excellent moisturizer with spf 15. I love it. It feels light and has a nice VERY LIGHT scent.
  • Dnsnyder
    Dnsnyder Posts: 263 Member
    Options
    I love clinque moisturizers, pricy but worth it! You don't really have to use a great deal for it to still be effective so a pot will last you a while!

I second this too. I really do like clinique moisturizers...fast absorbing, very light feeling, and very effective.
  • alygoo615
    alygoo615 Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone for all your advice! I will definitely have to figure out what I'm going to buy next. I drink tons of water- never less than 8 cups a day- but usually more like 10-12+. I don't usually include what i drink during or right after working out into my daily value.

I have been using Aveeno moisterizers and have tried more expensive creams and facial cleansers but nothing seems to work just right for me- I have difficult skin!
  • doyoumeangreen
    doyoumeangreen Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    You need to switch to Shaklee Enfuselle skincare. I can help you with it if you want. It is the only stuff you can use til the bottle's empty then return it for 100% money back guarantee if you don't like it. My moisturizer lasts all day, and my face wash keeps me breakout free without drying. I started selling it because I love it so much! Message me if you want info on how to buy it/skincare analysis (I can do it with a picture of your face close up)
  • doyoumeangreen
    doyoumeangreen Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    Oh and I forgot to mention it is ALL NATURAL :)
  • ronda_gettinghealthy
    ronda_gettinghealthy Posts: 777 Member
    Options
    I love Amino care- you can buy it online---make sure as many posters have said- that you are fully hydrated and make sure you wash all the sweat off your face too.