100 calorie a slice cheesecake in 10 easy steps!

Helena4
Helena4 Posts: 124
edited September 27 in Recipes
Well, I don't know about everyone else but I am a SUCKER for cheesecake, anything very sweet and totally naughty....but today I am making a cheesecake that is only 100 calories a slice (cheesecake cuts into 12 slices....even if you cut it into 6..it's still 200 a slice which for cheesecake is DAMN good!)

So here goes...

You will need:
20cm diameter tin
60g plain biscuits - finely crushed
30g butter (unsalted)
300g ricotta
2 table spoons of caster sugar
260g low fat vanilla yogurt
260g low fat flavoured yogurt (I'm using lemon - yumyum!)
2 teaspoons of finely grated lemon (or another fruit with skin such as orange or lime)
2 tablespoons of lemon juice
1 tablespoon of geletine (I brought the powdered packets - just easier!)
2 egg whites
And if you want some extra fruit - 260g of strawberries to decorate, or any other fruit

To make:
1. Lightly oil a 20cm diameter springform tin and put some baking sheet inside
2. Combine the biscuits and butter in a small bowl and press firmly into the base of the tin
3. Combine the ricotta and sugar in a blender until smooth
4. Add all the yogurt, fruit skin and juice and mix well
5. To make the gelatine - Put 60ml of water in a small bowl and sprinkle the gelatine in an even layer on to the surface. leave it to go spongy. Bring a small saucepan of water to the boil, remove from the heat and put the gelatine bowl in the pan. The water should come half way up the side of the bowl in the pan. Stir until dissolved. Remove from heat and allow to cool. SOME PACKETS OF GELATINE MAY GIVE A DIFFERENT METHOD - USE WHICH YOU BELIEVE TO BE EASIEST/QUICKEST!
6. Stir the gelatine into the ricotta mixyure then transfer to a large bowl.
7. Beat the egg whites until soft peaks form.
8. Gently fold the eggs into the ricotta
9. Pour the mixture over the biscuit base and leave to set for several hours (6 minimum) - ideally overnight (becomes thicker and creamier!)
10. Add the strawberries or other fruit if you wish

And here is the nutritional info you all need:
Protein - 5g
Fat - 6g
Carbs - 8g
Fibre - 1g
Cholesterol - 15mg
Calories - 100 (when cut into 12 using a 20cm diameter tin - adjust calories to tin size/slice size!)
I don't have saturated fat content on my recipe but that can be worked out off your packets - it won't be much with low fat/only 30g butter between 12 slices though!

YAY to low fat and tasty - Enjoy!

Replies

• PhoenixRising11
    PhoenixRising11 Posts: 245 Member
    bump Cheesecake is my absolute favourite!! :) Will try it out thanks!
    I have a recipe for low fat mixed berry cheesecake I'm going to try out. I'll share it on here if it's a success!
  • Helena4
    Helena4 Posts: 124
    bump Cheesecake is my absolute favourite!! :) Will try it out thanks!
    I have a recipe for low fat mixed berry cheesecake I'm going to try out. I'll share it on here if it's a success!

Berry - lush!! please share :) I'm making mine as we speak - Dads going to love me when he gets home!
  • PhoenixRising11
    PhoenixRising11 Posts: 245 Member
    I'll have to persuade my mum to give it back! :)
    As soon as I do I'll post it here :) Thia could be a thread dedicated to amazingly healthy and delicious cheesecakes... mmmmm heaven.
  • TNGirlyGirl
    TNGirlyGirl Posts: 337 Member
    BUMP!! This could be a life-saver!! I've almost cried a time or two when friends are eating goodies and I have to pass it all by....but cheesecake?? YUMMMMM
  • maygans
    maygans Posts: 196 Member
    Cheesecake is my favorite!
  • heniko
    heniko Posts: 796 Member
    my fav too ... if I tweak this omitting the crust using full fat not low then this is right up my alley
  • mazwhite
    mazwhite Posts: 4
    Im deff going to give this one a try :-) Would love to try the berry one to when its available.
  • katy5692
    katy5692 Posts: 140
    bump :) x
  • MrsHollingsworthThomas
    MrsHollingsworthThomas Posts: 164 Member
    im definitely going to gave to try this!
    Cheesecake is my all time favorite
  • kacione
    kacione Posts: 68 Member
    When it comes to cheesecake, I have noooo willpower so I am definately going to try this recipe. I have copied it to my desktop. Thanks
  • em_lou007
    em_lou007 Posts: 117
    Fantastic!!

Thanks!!

Bump

:flowerforyou:
  • LuckyLeprechaun
    LuckyLeprechaun Posts: 6,296 Member

can you translate for me...I'm in the US, and I'm not sure what these are...?

i know biscuit=cookie, but what do you mean by "plain"? Maybe like Nilla Wafers?

caster sugar? IDK what that is either...

anybody? I love cheesecake and I'd LOVE to try this...:love:
  • SoFancySoBlessed
    SoFancySoBlessed Posts: 224 Member
    :heart:

can you translate for me...I'm in the US, and I'm not sure what these are...?

i know biscuit=cookie, but what do you mean by "plain"? Maybe like Nilla Wafers?

caster sugar? IDK what that is either...

anybody? I love cheesecake and I'd LOVE to try this...

I'm with you on that one....bisquits?? I was like what the heck??? But please for us in the U.S. could you clarify... Thanks !! :love:
  • SUSANB37
    SUSANB37 Posts: 61 Member
    Bump bump bump:flowerforyou:
  • CeleryStalker
    CeleryStalker Posts: 665 Member
    I found a recipe Americans can follow.

http://recipes.sparkpeople.com/recipe-detail.asp?recipe=299098

Ingredients

1/2 C. Graham Crackers, plain, honey, or cinnamon, cup, crushed
    1 pkg (1 Tbsp) Knox Gelatin
    1 C. Water
    8 oz package Philadelphia Light cream cheese
    1 C. Cottage Cheese, Nonfat,
    1/2 C. Granulated Sugar
    1 Tsp Vanilla Extract

1 C. Strawberries, fresh, sliced
    1 C. Water
    1/4 C. Cornstarch
    1/2 C. Splenda No Calorie Sweetener

Directions
    Spray a 9 inch pie pan with butter flavored cookng spray. Sprinkle graham cracker crumbs over the bottom of the pan. Put 1 c. water in a small pan and sprinkle the gelatin on top and let it sit for about a minute. Then turn the pan to medium heat and stir for about 5 minutes. Remove from heat. In a large bown, mix cream cheese, cottage cheese and sugar with a mixer until very smooth. Slowly pour in the gelatin liquid and mix until smooth and completely blended. Add the vanilla and very gently pour the mixture over the crumbs. Put in refrigerator to cool and set up.

Topping: Mix strawberries and sugar in small pan. Heat and stir until sugar is completely dissolved. Mix 1/4 C. Cornstarch in 1 cup of water. Pour into srawberry mixture and cook over medium/low heat until clear and thickened. Pour over set up "cheesecake" and cool for at least 30 minutes. Slice into 12 pieces and enjoy! I imagine you could use just about any fruit for the topping.

Number of Servings: 12

Recipe submitted by SparkPeople user LYNAT529.

Number of Servings: 12

Nutritional Info

Servings Per Recipe: 12
    Amount Per Serving
    Calories: 102.1

Total Fat: 2.7 g
    Cholesterol: 8.3 mg
    Sodium: 105.4 mg
    Total Carbs: 16.6 g
    Dietary Fiber: 0.4 g
    Protein: 4.0 g

:)
  • LuckyLeprechaun
    LuckyLeprechaun Posts: 6,296 Member
    so....caster sugar = granulated?

and plain biscuit = graham cracker?
  • CeleryStalker
    http://chowhound.chow.com/topics/292236

looks like caster sugar is confectioner's sugar. the white, powdery stuff

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Biscuit

biscuit looks like a graham cracker.

:)

ps, i made one of these last night following the recipe i posted except for two changes:

instead of regular gelatin, i used sugar free lemon jello
    instead of sugar, i used 2 cups fat free cool whip

it came out yummy and tart, but despite blending the cottage cheese until smooth, there was still that grainy texture that was kind of off putting. i hate cottage cheese, so i may be a bit more sensitive to it being in there. my fiance hates it too, but he didnt know there was cottage cheese in there, and loved the recipe. i got it from here:

http://www.kraftrecipes.com/recipes/low-fat-lemon-souffle-cheesecake-57105.aspx
  • CeleryStalker
    For those of you who hate cottage cheese and dont think you could get past knowing it was in there, i found this recipe for 100 calorie cheese cake cups. no cottage cheese! i think im going to make these over the weekend and pop most of them in the freezer. i bet they freeze up really nicely:

http://recipes.sparkpeople.com/recipe-detail.asp?recipe=351265
This discussion has been closed.