New Mom FINALLY going to reach her goals!

Options
Hey all! My name is Katie and I've been working at this weight loss thing for a long time. I've had many stumbling blocks and many successes along the way and it's definitely been an interesting journey. I was always a bigger kid. I was the "fat" friend, the one that watched as my skinny girl friends got dates, while I was always the approachable one, the best friend, the one that was easy to talk to. Not the dateable one. It hurt quite a bit.

Now, I'm married to the most amazing, attractive man, who loves me even when I'm heavier, which is a huge blessing. But I still want to be in a body that makes me comfortable, but it's no longer for anyone else. It's all for me!

I started my journey at 210 pounds and after a few years of trial and error, a lot of sweat, some tears and a whole lot of giving up and starting over, I finally was only 12 pounds away from my goal weight. I weighed more than ten pounds less than I did in high school. I had more confidence, energy, and determination than ever.

And then I got pregnant.

My beautiful baby girl is now 6 weeks old and I couldn't be happier to be a mom, no matter how unexpected she was.

It's time I get back on track and finally reach my goals! I get closer and closer every time I try, and this time I'm determined to do it. For myself. For my family.

I'd love to have some wonderful, dedicated, motivational friends to help me reach my goal! Especially some new moms like me so we can share tips! I look forward to meeting you all!

Replies

• katieflaniken
    katieflaniken Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    Bump!
  • kateland
    kateland Posts: 160 Member
    Options
    Hi Katie! I'm in a similar boat. Always heavy my whole life. I lost a lot of weight about three years ago, then met and married my own handsome man! We didn't think we would have children since we both had previous marriages and neither one of us had pregnancy scares, but we got pregnant on the first time we stopped preventing! And then the second baby was a complete surprise....so my body hasn't really had a chance to recover in the past 3 years.

My girls are 1 and 2 now, they sleep through the night, and I FINALLY feel like I have enough energy and time to get back to where I was. Today is my first day being obsessed about my health the way I've been obsessed about my children, my new career, and our finances.

I sent you a friend request - looking forward to seeing "less" of you! LOL.

Kate
  • BillRicks1
    BillRicks1 Posts: 473 Member
    Options
    Welcome Katie! I know you know how this works since you have done it before........20% exercise and 80% nutrition. Feel free to add me as a friend.
  • ManjKA
    ManjKA Posts: 35
    Options
    Hi Katie! I just posted this morning. About being a new mum too! Not as new as my daughter is now 9 months old but I finally feel able to do something about weight gain! Not sure how to send friend request so please add me when you get a chance! And congrats on your little girl : ) !!
  • laurabethless
    laurabethless Posts: 1,397 Member
    Options
    Hi Katie, congratulations.. my youngest is now 2 and I've been wanting to get back in shape for ages. I've really lacked motivation but I've decided to join today and I'm really looking to find some people like yourself as I think it will really help and I hope I will be able to help and encourage others. I will add you as a friend and anyone else looking for the same, please add me :)) Laura
  • antionette082591
    Options
    Well I'm not a new mom but I did jus have my second child which just turned 8mos on sunday . I've been trying to lose this weight since I had my first child which when I was pregnant wit my daughter I had lose 15lbs while I was pregnant but then Gaines it back tores the ends of my pregnancy after I had her loses the 15lbs plus more weight . And now that I jus had another baby 8mos ago I'm struggling trying to lose the baby fat from my second pregnancy then from my first pregnancy.
  • kaypor87
    kaypor87 Posts: 8
    Options
    Congratulations on your baby! I have a 6week old too! :)

kay