Blew it today

Options
I ate candy today. Not just a little bit but 400 calories worth:grumble: This still leaves me under my daily goal for calories but I couldn't believe I ate that much. I haven't even been on this diet for a week and I haven't even reached my weekend; which is Sunday and Mondays. I know it doesn't help that I started my monthy this week too. Well there I am making excuses. I said it my intro that I need to hold myself accountable for my poor eating habits. I guess I am just kicking myself for giving in so easily and so darn quickly.
Shana

Replies

• shana1875
    Options
    I ate candy today. Not just a little bit but 400 calories worth:grumble: This still leaves me under my daily goal for calories but I couldn't believe I ate that much. I haven't even been on this diet for a week and I haven't even reached my weekend; which is Sunday and Mondays. I know it doesn't help that I started my monthy this week too. Well there I am making excuses. I said it my intro that I need to hold myself accountable for my poor eating habits. I guess I am just kicking myself for giving in so easily and so darn quickly.
    Shana
  • Anna_Banana
    Anna_Banana Posts: 2,939 Member
    Options
    That's okay, if it makes you feel better I had candy today and Ice cream(I stayed in my calories too). I was really weak. Don't beat yourself up. there is always tomorrow.
  • newstart
    Options
    Hey I work in a donut shop and i`m told I can take a dozen home for free /week:sad: I`m sure I`m going to give in to temptation sooner then later:grumble:
    This week was my first week and Thank goodness I only work 5 hrs/day so that I can make working out a priority cause i`m sure I would gain 3 lbs /week!
    I have not eaten any donuts or muffins or anything of that nature all week:bigsmile:
    It`s o.k. give in a little to your craving in order to prevent a bigger fall..
    What I try to do when I eat something I shouldn`t have, is to try and do damage control by doing an activity..I have a bike combination rower and I know it takes at least 10 minutes to average a burn of 100 cals so it really makes me think twice before eating something ..
    Then I also give myself a break from counting cals once a week. I eat what I want but using common sense and keeping in mind the work I did all week towards my weightloss...It does get easier don`t give up..
  • alwaysenl
    alwaysenl Posts: 197 Member
    Options
    It happens to all of us, don't beat yourself up about it. I ate some bad things today too- We had a birthday breakfast today at work, we have once a month, and I ate a bagel w/ cream cheese & I also had a piece of crumb cake my husband's grandmother brought over today :grumble: Oh well- at least we all didn't exceede our calories right. Back to the grind tomorrow and forget about it :wink:
  • my3kids
    my3kids Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    i have been on a diet for almost 5 months and this is the 2nd time i fell off the wagon but just for one day and then i get right back on track. im due for my monthly also so that doesnt help...:explode: thats life of a woman tho:drinker:
  • dulceluva
    dulceluva Posts: 728 Member
    Options
    Its okay. You are not alone. I blew it big time today too and that was only after I came home from work and then worked out for an hour. I was doing great and then I went on the scale (dont know why) and I saw my original weight there and plus some... *shakes her head* Well I went straight to my new acquired stash of maltesers (my bro forced upon me) and I just ate 4 bags worth...180 calories a bag and not to mention I am feeling so low right now that I am drowning my sorrows in lychee martinis.

but tomorrow is another day....and I will start it like I always plan on.

:happy:
  • throughHisstrength
    Options
    I blew it today too. I shared a piece of peanut butter pie with my husband at dinner. But I'm not going to beat myself up over it. Besides who could stick to a diet where all "bad" foods are off limits? I know I sure can't. Everything in moderation, right? Tomorrow will be better. :wink:
  • bricker06
    bricker06 Posts: 316
    Options
    i blew it today too. i took my mom out for her bday. we went to a place i havent been to in atleast 6-8 months so i splurged and had the roast beef wrap. not bad exept for the provolone cheese, the huge tortilla it comes wrapped in and the ranch dressing to dip in. i did however order the raw veggie platter instead of fries or cheese curds though. tomorrow is another day and i will get back to it. i only have one more week to hit my 20 pound goal i set before my birthday. so heres to great food and new tomorrows.:drinker: :drinker: :drinker:
  • Jenny22150
    Options
    Wow... I'm becoming more and more an addict to this site! It makes me feel so much better about myself and more and more "normal" for having the self loath :devil: for allowing myself to have a splurge day. Good luck and keep up the great work ladies!! :flowerforyou: :drinker:
  • jreeves1
    Options
    I ate 1400 calories of chocolate!!! and my daily calories are supposed to be 1200! AND I have a personal trainer who I feel like a failure in front of! I have issues with chocolate & sugar addiction & well, food. It's scientifically proven that when it's that time of month your body craves more & there's almost nothing you can do about it. The good news is your body apparently burns more calories when it's that time of month so try not to feel too guilty.
  • krissy8
    Options
    don't worry about what you can't change now - its done, but you can try to plan for the upcoming days, and hey, as long as you eat well 80% of the time your doing just fine.
  • twink3110
    Options
    I agree with all above. It happens to all of us occasionally, you just can't beat yourself up about it and need to start fresh tomorrow. Sometimes something sitting in my house almost seems to call to me to eat it and when it gets really bad I ask my skinny husband to eat it so it won't tempt me. He either eats it or takes it out to his truck to take into work. Sometimes his truck is loaded with temptations.LOL
  • shana1875
    Options
    ok I realize that this is a day later---but I am truly amazed at all the great responses I got. I was leary about posting in the first place and then so many of you jumped right in and told me about your day. Thanks so much for the advice and support you all are AWESOME!!!
  • jessneill
    jessneill Posts: 380 Member
    Options
    :laugh:
    I agree with all above. It happens to all of us occasionally, you just can't beat yourself up about it and need to start fresh tomorrow. Sometimes something sitting in my house almost seems to call to me to eat it and when it gets really bad I ask my skinny husband to eat it so it won't tempt me. He either eats it or takes it out to his truck to take into work. Sometimes his truck is loaded with temptations.LOL

Ok, this just cracked me up. I'm getting a visual of this truck piled with candy, cakes and cookies! :laugh: