P90X YOGA X

Options
Okay, so I did Yogo X in the P90X series yesterday. I had to cut it short to go to my son's baseball game (I didn't realize it was 90 minutes) I did a little over an hour. I'm guessing about 290 calories burned if the full 90 minutes is about 400. I'm not that flexible yet, and I spent a lot of time trying to figure out exactly what position I should be in, so I didn't sweat as much as I'd hoped.
Hopefully I'll do better next time.

Replies

• emmaleigh47
    emmaleigh47 Posts: 1,670 Member
    Options
    Okay, so I did Yogo X in the P90X series yesterday. I had to cut it short to go to my son's baseball game (I didn't realize it was 90 minutes) I did a little over an hour. I'm guessing about 290 calories burned if the full 90 minutes is about 400. I'm not that flexible yet, and I spent a lot of time trying to figure out exactly what position I should be in, so I didn't sweat as much as I'd hoped.

Proud of you for trying it! It will get better every time you do it... you rock! I used to hate Yoga but I am starting to love it now!
  • Buckeyt
    Buckeyt Posts: 473 Member
    Options
    Good Job!

Yoga X isn't about a calorie burn. IT's really more about giving your body some active rest after the last three brutal days. You're upper body has been blasted by two days of resistance training and then your legs get hammered by Plyo so that endless stretch up upward dog and warrior poses helps stretch all those muscles out.

Just keep pushing play!

Tim
  • neesono
    neesono Posts: 61
    Options
    Agree with Buck and Emma. I am still not able to do some of the moves but it is one helluva a nice break. Especially after ARX and Plyo. After several days of being in an abusive relationship with Tony the yoga is a welcome change of pace. :-)
  • DangerRanger
    DangerRanger Posts: 327 Member
    Options

Proud of you for trying it! It will get better every time you do it... you rock! I used to hate Yoga but I am starting to love it now!

Same here, I HATED yoga at first. Slowly but surely I started getting into it more. Now, I LOVE IT. I finished the P90X program, but I still do Yoga at least once a week.
  • Miss_Chievous_wechange
    Miss_Chievous_wechange Posts: 1,230 Member
    Options
    The Yoga X is my hot date tonight. Wish me luck. LOL
  • mrmarius
    mrmarius Posts: 1,802 Member
    Options
    i hate it it bores me to pieces. i'm on 2nd round of p90x and i think i've only done the whole thing once, that being said it is really a good way to stretch your muscles and rest up and isnt really about a alarge calorie burn
  • tasha30
    tasha30 Posts: 248 Member
    Options
    I just did it today for the first time and I hated it, I wanted to quit so many times but I hung im there for about 77 minutes...