Cravings after a cheat week

Options
My birthday was last week so I over ate for a lot of the week due to celebrations. I'm finally back on my diet but I'm so hungry. Any advise on how to curve the cravings for junk? I feel like I'm going on withdraw lol.

Replies

• a92882
    a92882 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    I feeling the same way yesterday and today after a week of vacation!
  • suruda
    suruda Posts: 1,233 Member
    Options
    Those withdraw feelings are powerful and I think you just have to power through them. surround yourself with healthy low calorie choices and detox from all of the junk you ate. Drink lots of water, it will help. Are their some healthy things you enjoy that you can add to your eating plan for the next few days? You can do it...I seem to remember that the withdraw feelings (for me it was headaches, sluggish, bitchy) only last 1-2 days. :-)
  • ana3067
    ana3067 Posts: 5,623 Member
    Options
    Either work those things into your daily calories or just... do whatever you did in the first place when you decided to not eat them.
  • MsBeverleyH
    MsBeverleyH Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    I think that it depends on you and your personality, but what I might do if I were in that situation...

If you're really that hungry and really can't go back to your amount of daily calories without feeling like you're about to starve to death, maybe start off with a slightly higher amount of calories and keep reducing it (maybe by 100 calories, depends) per day until you're back to the amount that you should be doing. And you can always have a bit of "junk", but count it. Do the same thing and reduce that by a bit every day.

That's what I might try, but it's up to you!
  • jwalters1805
    jwalters1805 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    To get back on track after the holidays, I set a goal to stick to my calories everyday for the month of February, no excuses. I met my February goal and now it's March 2nd and I feel like I'm back in control again.
  • kimzy132124
    kimzy132124 Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    suruda wrote: »
    Those withdraw feelings are powerful and I think you just have to power through them. surround yourself with healthy low calorie choices and detox from all of the junk you ate. Drink lots of water, it will help. Are their some healthy things you enjoy that you can add to your eating plan for the next few days? You can do it...I seem to remember that the withdraw feelings (for me it was headaches, sluggish, bitchy) only last 1-2 days. :-)

Lol I don't really get bitchy. Right now I have specialty cheeses in my house that seem to have learn to scream my name from the fridge but instead I opted for a turkey burger with organic lettus put a few pickles on it for sweetness and it turns out it was super balanced. Love blueberries and almonds
  • kimzy132124
    Options
    I think that it depends on you and your personality, but what I might do if I were in that situation...

If you're really that hungry and really can't go back to your amount of daily calories without feeling like you're about to starve to death, maybe start off with a slightly higher amount of calories and keep reducing it (maybe by 100 calories, depends) per day until you're back to the amount that you should be doing. And you can always have a bit of "junk", but count it. Do the same thing and reduce that by a bit every day.

That's what I might try, but it's up to you!

I'm not starving it's more of the habit. I'm doing well. I got through quitting smoking so I know I can do it. I've been drinking water through the cravings so that I'm full.
  • kimzy132124
    Options
    ana3067 wrote: »
    Either work those things into your daily calories or just... do whatever you did in the first place when you decided to not eat them.

Went back to my normal diet today. Also have a 3 hours workout training session in a few hours. Which I'm not allowed to eat through.