Arriving from Hernando, MS

Options
My name is Mandy, I am a southern gal whose been fighting the buldge my entire life.

I have never known a skinny day but since 2007, I have been very driven to change my lifestyle permanantly.

I lost 60lbs following Weight Watchers in 2008, then hit a plateau. Went to the doc and they determined that my right ovary had to be removed.
My boyfriend then, now my husband, and I had no children and it broke my heart that we may not. It was a very emotional time for me.
Hell bent not to gain the weight back, I lived off tuna til I went back to work.

When I went to my post op, indeed I had not gained weight...but I found out I was 5 weeks pregnant.
I was amazed at the blessings God was showering me with, I was so thankful that he hadn't given up on me and that my life was fixing to change drastically.

So, to save you a long story and me some tears...

Me and My Husband married at the end of the first trimester,I lost my Mother when I was 6 months pregnant, My daughter arrived safely...my little Clara Lou
I had put on 30lbs during the pregnancy.

I went back to Weight Watchers...it wasn't the same
I quit smoking and managed to put some weight back on
Joined the gym, but struggled with the idea of taking Clara from one daycare while I worked to another so I could work out..I felt guilty

In March of 2011 I was up 45lbs from what I lost in 2008...Something had to give..I now have great reasons to be healthy
I want to see my granbabies...and I want to teach my daughter the right way to eat and the importance of exercise.

I hate the new Weight Watchers program, I do
So, I took matters into my own hands...

I joined Myfitnesspal
I log calories daily
and since lowering them to 1400 a day I have managed to lose 23lbs since 03/28/11. I am a work in progress but I determined to beat the devil and his tempations on me about food.

I want to see a skinny day in my life
I want my daughter to know a healthy happy Mama, not a sad overeating, smoking, drinking, depressed Mama.

I beat the cigs
I am beating the beast

I welcome you to add me if you would like to be on this journey with me....A support system is important for all of us.

My User Name is Heartedmsgal

Replies

• jenielee
    jenielee Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    Hello! I'm right up the road in OB! Send me a friend request (jenielee). I'm battling the urge to say forget it right now. Weeks of exericise and logging food and I'm yo-yoing the same 2-3 lbs every week. It's sounds like you're on the right track! Keep it up!!
  • mbeach1977
    mbeach1977 Posts: 275 Member
    Options
    Well this is freaky!! I'm Mandy as well and am in Olive Branch MS!! Congrats on your loss and lifestyle change!! :flowerforyou: