may be gone for a while

Options
I am just writing to let you guys know that I may not be on line for a while but I will be back. My mother is dying of cervical cancer. I have been at the hospital with her for the last couple of days. She is going into Hospice care tomorrow. So I plan on spending as much time with her as I can. I will check in here from time to time. I just lost my dad this past August and now I am losing my mother. It is a very stressful and emotional time so I don't know how well I will be able to do counting calories and exercising. But when all is said and done, I will be back full force. So every one take care and I will check in from time to time.

Charlaine

Stay healthy every one!!!!

Replies

• memaw66
    memaw66 Posts: 2,558 Member
    Options
    I am just writing to let you guys know that I may not be on line for a while but I will be back. My mother is dying of cervical cancer. I have been at the hospital with her for the last couple of days. She is going into Hospice care tomorrow. So I plan on spending as much time with her as I can. I will check in here from time to time. I just lost my dad this past August and now I am losing my mother. It is a very stressful and emotional time so I don't know how well I will be able to do counting calories and exercising. But when all is said and done, I will be back full force. So every one take care and I will check in from time to time.

Charlaine

Stay healthy every one!!!!
  • deanea
    deanea Posts: 1,437
    Options
    Our thoughts are with you
  • blessedmamma
    Options
    You're taking my prayers with you.

If possible find time to keep up some type of exercise routine. It will help you to release stress.

If possible, find time to take time for yourself every now and again. You need this to maintain your sanity.

Get the most of the remaining time with your mother.

Take full advantage of the hospice services. They're very experienced in this. Ask all the questions that come into your mind.

Be your mother's advocate. If somethings not right, speak to the nurse: they can do a lot to keep mom comfortable.

Please take the Lord with you.
  • PattyH
    PattyH Posts: 34
    Options
    So sorry to hear about all the stressful/emotional things you are going through! :flowerforyou:

I pray that your mother does not suffer too much. My thoughts and prayers are with you during this difficult time!
  • rodeoruss
    Options
    My prayers go out to you & yourn and your mother
  • Gats
    Gats Posts: 42
    Options
    Phew .. !

Tough times ..

Yup be available ..

but remember you .. also

and keep focused ................
  • janiebeth
    janiebeth Posts: 2,509 Member
    Options
    I am so sorry to hear about your mother, Charlaine. I'm sure it will be a great comfort to have you there with her as she makes this transition. Don't be afraid to lean on the hospice folks - they are there for all of you and in my experience are a great comfort for the entire family.

My thoughts and prayers are with you and your family. God bless.

Take care of yourself and your family. We will all be thinking of you until we hear from you again.

Janie
  • memaw66
    memaw66 Posts: 2,558 Member
    Options
    Thank you for all of your prayers and well wishes. I just wish we would have had time to use Hospice for Dad.

Charlaine
  • NTBoard
    NTBoard Posts: 363 Member
    Options
    :cry: Gentle Hugs (((Charlaine))), My thoughts and prayers go out to you and your mother during this difficult time. Please take care of yourself.

+++POSITIVE THOUGHTS+++ to get you through each day!!! :flowerforyou:
    Niccole