food scale

Options
Supermom883
Supermom883 Posts: 84 Member
yay so i finally bought a food scale.....i got the biggest loser one....i am pretty excited to eat things that say 1 serving size is 4 oz instead of only buying stuff that says 1 box is 1 serving....YAY...the simpliest things in life make me happy lol

Replies

• ash6151
    ash6151 Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    I know I am pretty pumped about using my new scale too!
  • suchaprettyface70
    suchaprettyface70 Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    The scale is great! It really helps you see the portion sizes and think about how much you are eating.
  • Ninkyou
    Ninkyou Posts: 6,666 Member
    Options
    Prepare to have your eyes really opened. :lol:

Food scales are amazing tools.
  • bainsworth1a
    bainsworth1a Posts: 313 Member
    Options
    congrats. weighing and measuring is important. I have a good scale that i bought when I was doing weight watchers. I do so much better when I weigh things.
  • Supermom883
    Options
    i am very excited i have noticed that i have been under eating :( like the chicken breast said .4 oz is 100 calories well i have only been eating one thinking it was prob. .4oz well nope 2 is 100 calories...no wonder i am starving and only eat lein cusines lol....
  • beachbum4044
    beachbum4044 Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    love my scale! I had to replace mine today, I think it was washed incorrectly. I can't live without it. I need it so that I know for certain what I am eating. Someone posted earlier that just because something indicates that it weighs a certain amount it really doesn't weighing items are the best way.
  • jesseh376
    jesseh376 Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    Maybe I should pick one up.. :astonished:
  • Alatariel75
    Alatariel75 Posts: 17,959 Member
    Options
    A food scale is the most important tool you can have.
  • eldamiano
    eldamiano Posts: 2,667 Member
    Options

Or a dose of common sense.....
  • Sewilban
    Sewilban Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    eldamiano wrote: »

Or a dose of common sense.....
    Sometimes it's not as easy as common sense. Someone can know all the good rules-of-thumb to follow like a portion of steak is roughly the size of a deck of cards; or that a potato portion is the size of small computer mouse - but the truth is, there's really no hard-and-fast rule that can be followed, other than unit measures. For instance, I like my deli meat sliced a little on the thicker side, so two slices of the turkey in my fridge weigh differently than two slices of what might be in someone else's fridge.

That aside, the only way people can teach themselves portion control to the point where it does become common sense for them is to start somewhere.

Congrats, @focusedmom07‌ - fantastic decision! Best of luck!
  • RipperSB
    RipperSB Posts: 315 Member
    Options
    271cf2f1-fb7c-4a18-9081-4aa9235589b8.jpg
  • Supermom883
    Options
    def didnt start this bored for negative replys.....wow...some people just dont have a life do they!!! LOL.....its called common sense for better your life.....and becomng healthy anyway you can.....thanks to all for the positive replys....i am def using it and loving it