nightime eating

Options
Does anyone else struggle with this?!! I will have a great day of exercise and eating right and then ruin the day by eating anything with SUGAR in it at night. I tell myself not to do it, but find myself doing this terrible habit several times a week. I feel like I never make progress with my diet because whatever I lose, I keep on gaining back. I feel like this is my way to "relax" after a busy day of work and being a single mom. What a way to relax.....it just stress me out the next morning when I step on the scale.... Any advice?

Replies

• allyccarpenter
    Options
    I have the same problem. I work late sometimes and i zombie walk to the frig.
    I have started to change my habits with first drinking a glass of water. Guzzle that down and then i am turning to some dried fruit or a small bowl of cereal. I still get the sweet. Good luck. Being awate is your best defense
  • GeorgiaM2015
    GeorgiaM2015 Posts: 142 Member
    Options
    I am like this too! I'm just not having anything sweet in and therefore I can't eat it! I may be grumpy but I'm on my own in halls so I can't take it out on anyone aha :)
  • jwsfzr600
    jwsfzr600 Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    I also have night time eating problems. My trainer suggested having a protein drink using water keep the calories down.
  • blktngldhrt
    blktngldhrt Posts: 1,053 Member
    Options
    I have an end of the day snack. Luckily, its usually necessary to get my fat macros and calories where they need to be. I either have frozen berries blended with heavy cream, water and Stevia or heavy cream whipped with almond butter and Stevia.
  • ronandj2012
    ronandj2012 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    This is my problem too. I like to pick one snack and then try and only have sleepy time tea or some kind of tea before bed. We need to make new habits! If I have a good workout I plan for a glass of wine but I have to plan for it this way or I don't get it!
    Good luck!
  • jmurphy2529
    jmurphy2529 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Thanks for all of the great advice. I know I have to go day by day with it. It's a bad habit that I have really cemented into my routine....new ways of thinking, new routines.....hopefully will equal a new lifestyle!