Need a recipe using blueberries

Options
angf0679
angf0679 Posts: 1,120 Member
I took some of my fresh local blueberries out of the freezer and now I need to make something with them! There are two cups of blueberries. Anyone got some good low-calories recipes to share? I'm mostly looking for some breakfast ideas to use with them.

Replies

• awesomewastaken
    awesomewastaken Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    I would just eat them, they are delicious :smiley:

Or you could mix them with some oatmeal.
  • SweatLikeDog
    SweatLikeDog Posts: 273 Member
    Options
    Blueberries + fat free or lowfat yogurt + cinnamon + vanilla extract.
  • debubbie
    debubbie Posts: 767 Member
    Options
    Have you googled recipes for blueberry muffins? Or, you can add them to pancake batter or salads. Sorry, I am not much help with an actual recipe. I usually add blueberries and strawberries to my salads.
  • lemurcat12
    lemurcat12 Posts: 30,886 Member
    Options
    I'd just eat them or add them to yogurt.

Blueberry pancakes are always tasty, though.
  • kazaargrandcru
    kazaargrandcru Posts: 152 Member
    edited March 2015
    Options
    I just made the blueberry buttermilk muffins from the Robin Hood flour website. They are amaaaazzzing! My husband said they were the best he's ever had. I didn't have buttermilk so used regular milk mixed with a little yogurt instead. And I added more blueberries than called for in the recipe!

Edited to add: Makes 12 muffins @ 200 calories each
  • redoakcircus
    Options
    Cottage chesse with blueberries and sunflower seeds
  • HeidiCooksSupper
    HeidiCooksSupper Posts: 3,831 Member
    Options
    Clafoutis! Basically fruit baked in an eggy batter. There's a basic recipe at http://www.epicurious.com/recipes/food/views/basic-clafoutis-51208430 If I were doing it with blueberries, I might add some lemon zest just to gild the lily. If I do it using frozen cherries, I add some almond extract and even a few slivered almonds.

I don't see why you couldn't replace the flour with almond flour but I haven't tried it.

Can be eaten for breakfast or served as dessert.
  • vcarlin
    vcarlin Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Energy Mix Salad:

Spinach
    Feta Cheese
    Pecans
    Blueberries
    Blackberries
    Raspeberries
    Use poppy seed dressing

It's delicious!
  • Lizzy622
    Lizzy622 Posts: 3,705 Member
    Options
    one cup yogurt or cottage cheese + one cup quick oats + 2 eggs + 1/2 cup blueberries= 4 servings of gluten free pancakes Just throw ingredients into a food processor or blender and fry in a non-stick pan or griddle like regular pancakes.