removal of a food

Options
how do you remove a food once it is posted to a meal on your diary? example I ate French toast one day for breakfast and will not eat it again.

Replies

• romapurplerodlover
    Options
    If you delete it from that meal from that day it shouldn't pop up again :smiley:
  • bglauser
    bglauser Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    thank you, that I know how to do. I want to remove it from my diary and not look at it every day when I am not going to check the box again
  • ana3067
    ana3067 Posts: 5,624 Member
    Options
    MFP does not allow this.
  • namelesshere
    namelesshere Posts: 334 Member
    Options
    If you don't eat it, it does fall further down your list of foods so eventually you will not see it.
  • CyberTone
    CyberTone Posts: 7,337 Member
    Options
    I assume you are asking about the Recent list, which is the default view for add food.
    ​​The Recent list just displays up to the last 100 items you, yourself, added to your Food Diary. Those food items will eventually drop off of the Recent list display after you log more items. You can not delete them from the Recent list. If you want, you can change your default display to the Frequent list, from which you can hide previous food items that you added to your Food Diary and do not want to see displayed on a list of foods. On the Web version, navigate to FOOD > Settings and change Default Add Food View to Frequent.

The only way to have the Recent list not display those items that you added to your Food Diary is for you to go back to your Food Diary and delete all instances of those unwanted items from every day that you logged them. However, if you delete those unwanted entries from your Food Diary, be aware that your macros will not be correct for those previous days and any Reports, if you use that, will not be correct.
  • AbsolutelyAnnie
    AbsolutelyAnnie Posts: 2,695 Member
    Options
    Yes, change your default view to "Frequent".

But, there's this, too. Let it go. Do not let your mind make a big deal about this. You will make yourself crazy if you stress out about seeing certain words. I'd go so far as to suggest leaving your diary alone and just getting on the other side of being okay about it.
  • bglauser
    bglauser Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    thanks to all for good advice
  • Liftng4Lis
    Liftng4Lis Posts: 15,150 Member
    Options
    Why's it bothering you just being there?
  • TimothyFish
    TimothyFish Posts: 4,925 Member
    Options
    For some reason, I want to go fix some French toast.
  • randomtai
    randomtai Posts: 9,003 Member
    Options
    :huh: