Gained back 10 lbs....need motivation please

Options
hi all, I have been eating horribly the past few weeks. I know it is stress....I am a graduate student, I teach at the university, I am a mom, and I am getting married in less than 7 weeks. I'm tired lol
Feel free to add me and share your stories, yell at me when needed....I am usually pretty upbeat, but am really worried that my dress is not going to fit which will cause me to feel even more body dissatisfaction, plus dresses are expensive!

I miss the motivation I had during the summer which leads to another point....winter is terrible for my well-being. I miss running Outside, the treadmill is not the same. Ok, I'm done whining

Replies

• melly0405
    melly0405 Posts: 215 Member
    Options
    Ok so you slipped up now it's time to get serious and get back on track! Sounds like you have a very busy schedule so planning is crucial both meals and scheduling work outs. I too recently gained back some unwanted pounds I worked so hard to shed and I am working on getting them off and it's not fun but this is a lifestyle change we are making. Take it one day, one pound at a time you can do it!!!
  • kmp327
    kmp327 Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    Well first of all you should forgive yourself for your slip ups of recent weeks. I find that when I beat myself up it's just harder to break the cycle. Everyone gets stressed and lets their diet slip from time to time - you're human! You can't change anything you've already done, but there's a quote I like: "you're only one good decision away from getting back on track." It's really helped me avoid the whole "I overindulged this morning so I might as well eat whatever I want for the rest of the day."

Good luck! Drink LOTS AND LOTS of water, as most of your weight gain might easily come off once you stop retaining water. I'm sure you will look absolutely beautiful on your wedding day!

• meleileen
    meleileen Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    Thank you :-) I really do have to be nice to myself and forgive myself. I've found since I started eating unhealthy foods I feel more hungry. I know this will pass. I'm terrible with drinking water....I'll fill a bottle now and sip throughout the day like I was doing before.
  • pwatol
    pwatol Posts: 326 Member
    Options
    Hey, was the food good going down when you ate it? Are you ready to get back on the straight and narrow? Then it's all good. I fell off the wagon last month between social gatherings and whatnot, but the bacon wrapped venison brats and the good time with friends was worth every one of the 5 pounds I've worked off again. You can do it, too.
  • meleileen
    meleileen Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    Lol, food is certainly enjoyable especially in social settings, but my set back is not that. It's night time eating while doing homework. I've been doing this since January 2014....you're right, I can do this. I'm brushing off the past few weeks and starting over with a new attitude.

Thank you for the feedback! Sometimes I need that and it helped a lot. After I read the replies yesterday, I cleaned my entire house! It's amazing how hearing others with the same struggles helps :-)
  • queenseve
    Options
    Hey. I just wanted to share a trick I use to stay on my elliptical. I read books. I used to watch movies or listen to music, but books work even better. I hope it helps.
  • wizzybeth
    wizzybeth Posts: 3,573 Member
    Options
    I wish I could read while on the elliptical or treadmill, but it gives me motion sickness, just like when I try to read while in the car. :(
  • DvlDwnInGA
    DvlDwnInGA Posts: 368 Member
    Options
    Good news is you already have a great idea of how to lose it. So go do it. You could easily drop that 10 pounds in 10 weeks without breaking a sweat. Don't wait for a Monday to start over, do it now. Good luck!