Just started Today!

Options
Hello all,
I'm Sherry from Michigan and would love to have a few new friends/accountability partners to encourage, support and uplift each other while accomplishing our weight loss goals. I Just bought my Fitbit yesterday and today's my first day. Any tips? I welcome the support.

Replies

• susanjwest3
    susanjwest3 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Hi Sherry, I'm Susan in Kansas! Welcome to MFP. I absolutely love this site. Being able to track everything that I eat is so beneficial. I was recently diagnosed as diabetic and need to watch my carbs as well as calories. I have thought about buying a fitbit, but haven't yet. I'll be anxious to hear how you like it. If you'd like to be friends, please add me.
  • FitnFabB450
    Options
    Hi Susan!
    Thanks for the reply.I also was diagnosed last week as being borderline or pre-diabetic. I bought the Fitbit so I can move more since studies say people with sedentary jobs get heart disease and diabetes even if they eat right. I sit at a desk all day.
    But I absolutely love MFP! It's so easy to use and I know I can learn tips from experienced users so I can get the most of it. I'll add you; looking forward to getting fit with you!
  • ctunsil
    ctunsil Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hi I'm Cassandra from Cary N C, and I truly would love to have a friend for support and encouragement. Please join and help me
  • ginn31
    ginn31 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone! My name is Jennifer and I am from Texas. Today is my first day on here as well. I am really looking forward to making some positive changes in my life and start feeling good again. Any and all motivation and encouragement is wonderful for us to give to one another! I am wanting to purchase a fit bit as well so I will be interested to hear how you like it. I am really glad I found this group chat and really look forward to getting fit and in shape with yall!
  • deandra_carroll
    deandra_carroll Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone! I'm looking for for fitness and weight loss friends to help encourage me and hopefully vice versa! Started dukan diet a month ago - Lost 14 pounds but couldn't handle protein allll the time so I made some changes but nothing drastic. Hoping to lose 80 more pounds. Long road ahead but looking forward to reaching my monthly goals. :)
  • kendrickmarisha
    kendrickmarisha Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    ctunsil wrote: »
    Hi I'm Cassandra from Cary N C, and I truly would love to have a friend for support and encouragement. Please join and help me

• kendrickmarisha
    kendrickmarisha Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    Hi Cassandra
    My name is Marisha, from the state of Indiana. I would love to join you to support and encourage each other in this journey.
  • auntdebbie224
    auntdebbie224 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Hi. My name is Debbie and I am from the suburbs of Philadelphia. I am currently on the treadmill. This is the first day of a new start. I have a wedding to attend on the beach in the Keys in April. I weigh 179 and I have six weeks to lose as much as I can in a healthy way. I am 5'3" and just turned 59 on February 24. I would like to lose 12 pounds by April 17. I wish everyone the best in their journey to health. I know what I need to do. How about you?
  • auntdebbie224
    auntdebbie224 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Hi. My name is Debbie and I am from the suburbs of Philadelphia. I am currently on the treadmill. This is the first day of a new start. I have a wedding to attend on the beach in the Keys in April. I weigh 179 and I have six weeks to lose as much as I can in a healthy way. I am 5'3" and just turned 59 on February 24. I would like to lose 12 pounds by April 17. I wish everyone the best in their journey to health. I know what I need to do. How about you?
  • dlherbert
    dlherbert Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Hi my name is Debbie also. I am from a small suburb of Chicago called Libertyville. I started this weight loss journey a couple of years ago and lost 20 lbs. I have slowly put back on because I thought I could stay motivated on my own. This is not the case and I would love to join you all for support and encouragement. Good luck to everyone.
  • Cilla0715
    Options
    Hey there Sherry, good luck on your journey! My name is Priscilla over in NJ. Please add me and I will be sure to help you out on your accountability!
  • sthurst3
    sthurst3 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Hi, Stacey from Michigan!!! Just starting today also!!! :\
  • DLinnell58
    DLinnell58 Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    Hi, Sherry! I'm David. Would you like to be friends?
  • karibeargirl
    karibeargirl Posts: 249 Member
    Options
    Welcome!! Feel free to add me!
  • nancywalton2015
    Options
    Hello! I'm new today, too. It's nice to know others are as well and that this app has a chat room! :)
  • FitnFabB450
    Options
    We're in good company!
  • hezemakiah
    hezemakiah Posts: 157 Member
    Options
    I was borderline diabetic too! I am 10 lbs down and had a blood test the other day and my blood sugar is now normal!! Cutting out all the soda and much of the sugar I used to eat helped immensely!!! I'm eating a healthier diet now which is also helping!!! Best wishes to you! You can add me and I will try to help keep you accountable and try to motivate! Great support here in the MFP community if you pay attention to the community posts and choose your friends accordingly - there are a lot of positive people!
  • FitnFabB450
    Options
    This is great! Hey everyone thanks for reaching out. Looking forward to chatting with you all to keep up the motivation!
  • FitnFabB450
    Options
    Hey Cassandra we can help each other for sure!
  • claudineansley
    Options
    Welcome!