Expected Weight

Options
Every day when I complete my food journal MFP tells mes that if continue my progress I can expect to weigh a certain amount in 4 weeks. Well I have been eating healthy and exercising and MFR has been telling me I will weigh under 155 for the last 6 weeks but I have only lost 1 lb in the last 4 weeks. My goals are set at 1200 calories and I increase them to around 1400-1500 when I working (lifting weights and cardio). I wish that would just go away because it is deceiving but more so I wish I was actually losing weight. My clothes dont feel any different and I havent lost inches so I have no idea what is going on.

Replies

• sodakat
    sodakat Posts: 1,126 Member
    Options
    If you really don't want to see the predicted weight, then don't click the button saying you have completed your diary for the day. This doesn't affect any of your reports or log-in streak in any way.

If you are not losing then you are not eating at a deficit. This could mean you are not weighing all your foods and/or selecting the correct entry from the database, or maybe you are leaving out some foods when you log so your daily total is just plain wrong.

I think most of us probably mess up by at least 100 calories a day and frequently by 200. Its very difficult to be accurate on your calories in. Consider that just taking a taste of something does add a few calories. And, for example, if you don't measure milk or coffee creamer or ketchup and other condiments or fruit you can easily be eating a considerably larger calorie amount each day than what you think you are. Over the course of a week, those calories not logged or logged incorrectly can mean the difference between losing or not losing.

55835802.png

• Branstin
    Branstin Posts: 2,320 Member
    Options
    The number is a projection and doesn't take into account water retention for TOM or sudden exercises like weight lifting and strength training. I do not close my diary because I am more concerned about losing fat and not beating out a date on the calendar. Focus on your actions (calorie reduction, sleep, exercise, and hydration) and the weight will come off. As long as you see a downward trend from month to month then you will be fine.
  • leggup
    leggup Posts: 2,942 Member
    Options
    The anticipated weight loss is based on 100% accuracy in your food and exercise diary. Your diary indicates a lot of items measured in cups/inaccurate units. Examples:
    Ghirardelli - Brownies, 2 -inch square
    Rice - White, long-grain, regular, cooked, 0.5 cup (rice should be measured uncooked)
    Apple - (Medium), 1 apple
    Iceberg Lettuce - Iceberg Lettuce, 1 Cup Shredded or Chopped
    Lucerne - Lite Sour Cream, 2 tbsp
    Chicken - Breast, meat only, cooked, roasted, 4 oz(s) (is this prepackaged? sometimes you use a dairy entry for raw chicken, 4 oz, sometimes you use a diary entry for cooked chicken, 4 oz).

Your fitbit could be overestimating your calories burned. A quick glance shows you earning 400-500+ calories with your fitbit some days. Running on a treadmill at a 10:00/mile pace for 45 minutes burns approximately 500 calories for a 140-pound person.
  • af_wife2004
    af_wife2004 Posts: 149 Member
    Options
    Are you sure your calorie goals are accurate for your height, weight, body fat%? A lot of people get a 1200 calorie goal from MFP and end up struggling a lot with no weight loss. I like to use this calculator http://iifym.com/iifym-calculator/ to figure my calorie and macro goals. It was very close to the goals my nutritionist gave me. My calorie goal is over 450 more calories than MFP set for me and I'm steadily losing 1.2 lbs per week (I rarely eat back any exercise calories).