Flat out flatbread

Options
Can anyone give me some good healthy low calorie recipes using flatbreads? Thanks

Replies

• jhall260
    jhall260 Posts: 111 Member
    Options
    I like to make a flat bread pizza.

A little pizza sauce (homemade, or bought. I generally make my own)
    top with lots of veggies.

My favorites are; green/red/yellow peppers, green olives, black olives, mushrooms, sprouts, spinach, tomato,

For some extra protein you can add a bit of chopped chicken.

Skip any cheese if you want low calorie but I usually add some mozzarella or feta (and don't get the low fat - it does not melt well). I don't add much maybe 1oz at most.
  • spoonyspork
    spoonyspork Posts: 238 Member
    Options
    ^ adding to the above, I added what I usually do for flatout pizza as a shared recipe (not sure how that works, but I shared it as 'flatout pizza'). However, I never have a problem with the low fat cheese melting and will use that if I'm wanting lots of cheese (1oz will cover the pizza just fine, but 2oz is perfect!)

Under 400 calories for the whole pizza as I entered it, but lots of sodium... though less than if you get pre-made stuff. :)
  • NewMeSM75
    NewMeSM75 Posts: 971 Member
    Options
    I, also, make pizzas. I spray mine with cooking spray and lightly toast it to keep it from getting soggy. Instead of sauce, I layer thin slices of tomatoes, minced garlic, and top with veggies, meat, cheese.

Hummus wrap is great. I use a thin layer of hummus as the condiment the fill with meat and veggies.

You could also do a sort of taco pizza with refried beans, meat and veggies.