How long is your workout?

Options
I am just being a bit curious, and was wondering when you work out how long do you do it for? I usually do 20 or 30 min on treadmill and then a 50 min video 5 or 6 days a week.

Replies

• aehartley
    aehartley Posts: 269 Member
    Options
    45-50 MIN OF CARDIO... IN A GYM + 30 MIN OF STRENGTH - usually twice a day on the cardio

often times on top of that I have to ride my horse or other horses...
  • kdiamond
    kdiamond Posts: 3,329 Member
    Options
    No more than 45 minutes a day 5 days a week, probably closer to 30 minutes than 45. I do intense workouts that do not require extended time. Thank god!
  • MinnieInMaine
    MinnieInMaine Posts: 6,400 Member
    Options
    I workout in the gym Mon-Fri for 45 minutes to an hour. Mostly cardio with 10-15 min of strength.
    On the weekends, it can really vary depending on what's going on. I try to do at least a half hour workout DVD at home. If I go out for a long walk I can be gone up to 2 hours.
  • _eislek_
    _eislek_ Posts: 198 Member
    Options
    Usually an hour on the elliptical 6 days a week.
  • Sc4ever
    Sc4ever Posts: 33
    Options
    Right now im starting the C25K which is 30 minutes on treadmill soon im going to start the 30 day shred when it is delivered
    I keep telling myself any fitness i do is good
  • charlottebronte
    Options
    I am doing Jillian Michaels' 30 Day Shred--20 min/day first thing in the morning 7 days/week. Now that the semester is over, I'll add walking the dog in the evening.
  • jewelzz
    jewelzz Posts: 326 Member
    Options
    my workouts are anywhere from 1 to 2 hrs cardio and strength training 5 to 6 days a week
  • cm40
    cm40 Posts: 30
    Options
    Tabatas (4 min each) for days I don't have much time. Most days usually under 45 min. Crossfit workouts usually last no longer than 35 min.
  • AHealthierRhonda
    AHealthierRhonda Posts: 881 Member
    Options
    Generally my workouts are an hour long. I do Zumba class 1-2 times a week. I also do 30 Day Shred for 20 minutes followed by the elliptical for 30-45 minutes 3 times a week. Wii Zumba for 45 minutes 1-2 times a week followed by the elliptical for 20-30 minutes. I throw in some mini workouts (step ups with twists, punches, lunges,..., sit ups, push ups, jumping jacks,...) a few minutes everyday when I am with my daycare kids.
  • Boomz
    Boomz Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    50 mins at the absolute max, but that's when I mix cardio with weights. Usually high intensity cardio for 40 minutes, almost doubles as a weights session if you go hard enough. Over an hour is too long.
  • AlisonE76
    AlisonE76 Posts: 12
    Options
    Usually 50 mins to an hour 4 times a week. I do 10 min warm up on the treadmill, but at full incline at 7k/ph, then 45 - 50 mins of bodyweight training that incorpates cardio too. I try run for at least 45 mins once a week too: wink:
  • 1113cw
    1113cw Posts: 830 Member
    Options
    I strength train 3x a week and cardio 5x (sometimes 6x) per week. Out of the 5 cardio sessions, 2 are long (60 min/4 miles) and the other 3-4x are shorter (40 min/3 miles).
  • valerieobrien13
    valerieobrien13 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Week day mornings I do 45min-1hr of cardio, twice a week I go back in the evenings for a one hour BodyPump class (strength training). On the weekends I do 2 hours a day.
  • jenniferlspies
    Options
    Right now, I'm doing 30 Day Shred every day (~20 minutes) plus 25-30 minutes of running/walking intervals every other day. ON the days I don't run, I sometimes add in a walk or another type of low-impact exercise.
  • poptastic
    poptastic Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    I usually go to the gym 2-3 times a week for a 45 minute workout. Any longer than that I get bored, and I don't have time to be there any longer anyway!

I also cycle for an hour 6 days a week although I don't count that as my workout, it's just how I get around :-)
  • thkelly
    thkelly Posts: 466 Member
    Options
    weights and cardio

45 minutes - 120 minutes

usually around 90 minutes on average
  • fteale
    fteale Posts: 5,310 Member
    Options
    55 mins, 5 times a week.
  • Ezwoldo
    Ezwoldo Posts: 369 Member
    Options
    I have a 2 week cycle due to work and it is a bit of everything, I have a 25 ish min cycle to work each day so I get 45 to 50 mins anyway and ill do 5 days training on top all ranging from 40 mins to 4 hours, I do Yoga once a week and do 2/3 days on the turbo trainer and a day doing core exercises , 2 Time Trials from 10 to 25 miles and a nice long ride once every 2 weeks. So I don't have a set time
  • AllyS7
    AllyS7 Posts: 480 Member
    Options
    Depends but my weekly schedule looks something like this:

M:45 min Cardio/15 min resistance
    T: 20 min crosstraining
    W: 30 min cardio/10 min resistance
    R: 45 min cardio
    F: 30 min crosstraining/ 15 min resistance (Sometimes Rest)
    S: 120 min cardio (10-13 mi run)
    Sun: 40 min cardio/crosstraining
  • anolan807
    anolan807 Posts: 273 Member
    Options
    60 minutes of P90X a day usually in the evening. Then through the day depending on the day I walk with a group at work, walk my dogs, and/or bike ride with my son...