What does your plan look like, to get healthy?

Options
111grace
111grace Posts: 382 Member
I am just looking for ways to help me fine tune mine and keep me going towards victory ? All shares would be much appreciated.

Also what are the ways that you use to keep you diligent and consistent?

Have a wonderful day :)

Replies

• cds_momto3
    cds_momto3 Posts: 316 Member
    Options
    For me I have to take it slow and make realistic changes - that helps me stick with it long-term. I eat foods I like; it's just a matter of planning ahead to make everything fit within my calories/macros for the day. I do workout DVDs at home, or run/walk around my neighborhood, because I know I've historically not been great about sticking with a gym. I'm losing a little over a pound a week with this approach, which I'm happy with.

One thing I do is EVERY day I get on the success stories boards and read posts for a reminder of what I'm working toward. It's been so helpful with morale, I think!
  • Jerrypeoples
    Jerrypeoples Posts: 1,541 Member
    Options
    The only major goal i try to stick to now is being better than i was yesterday (as far as eating and fitness goes)

i set lb goals for myself and 1000 days ago i said 212 as my first goal. i reached that (though it took a lot longer than i figured) but i wasnt a stickler to logging (though i still did) as i am now.

while my next # goal is 190 whether it takes me 3 months or 3 years it doesnt matter, as long as i stick to my plan and keep working out and eating the way i am
  • NewMeSM75
    NewMeSM75 Posts: 971 Member
    Options
    I rarely eat fast food. Not to say it's bad, but I find it more motivational to create something to eat and enjoy.

I plan my days in my diary leaving a little wiggle room.

I try to balance my protein with veggies and carbs. Such as grilled chicken with broccoli and a side of brown rice. I don't see food as good or bad. I see a balance is what is needed for my body to function. My body needs protein, carbs, fiber, etc...

I bake, grill or roast most all meats and vegetables. I rarely fry anything. I will for my kids sometimes.

Biggest thing I think I had to learn was that if I have a bad day which EVERYBODY DOES, I call it for what it is and start the next day fresh.

Just because we have one bad day doesn't mean giving up or forgetting all that you've accomplished....

ATTITUDE IS EVERYTHING !

Good luck!
  • Need2Exerc1se
    Need2Exerc1se Posts: 13,576 Member
    Options
    Regular exercise. Balanced diet with a focus on whole foods and high fiber. Try not to eat more than I need. That's about it. I try not to over complicate things.
  • BRaye325
    BRaye325 Posts: 1,383 Member
    Options
    I started on MFP last July and I've lost 77 pounds so far with about 43 to go. I've learned so much about myself, my health and fitness.

Here's part of my plan:

My Top 10 Guidelines:
    1) "Visualize the journey" - I created a visualization to help me stay on track. I picture myself lying on my basement floor, fat, heavily medicated, and unhealthy. I need to crawl up the basement stairs, walk up the stairs to the second floor, run up the attics stairs to climb out on to the roof to gaze at the stars with my grandsons. It gives me ongoing perspective and really helps put me quickly back on track when I falter.
    2) "Liar Liar" - be honest with myself. Many of my past attempts have failed because I cheated on myself. Log everything that goes in my mouth - everyday.
    3) "Me" - this for me. Give myself permission to be selfish when it comes to my health and fitness. I am always the guy that does anything for everyone else. I deserve this.
    4) "Old dog, new tricks" - never stop learning and sharing my knowledge. Use MFP's community daily to find help and make sure to give back at least as much as others give me.
    5) "Keep it simple" - don't complicate the process by doing unnecessary tasks. They will drive me crazy and make me fail. Example, I've learned that I am very good at estimating portion sizes, so I just spot check with the scale and measuring cups. As long as I keep hitting goals, that's the big picture.
    6) "Small steps with patience" - Pick a best place to start and then see where I am after a month. Make adjustments one at time and then give it 2-4 weeks. It's "my plan".
    7) "Don't panic" - the scale is just an instrument, it's not the enemy, it doesn't have anything against me. If it's not showing what I expect, give it more time and then re-evaluate what I'm doing and adjust if needed. It took me many years to get where I am, it isn't going to change overnight.
    8) "Commitment" - step on the scale every morning to remind myself of my commitment to make each day a positive step forward - log my weigh-in on MFP once a week to get the big picture.
    9) "Roll with it" - I can't predict what challenges are ahead, just do the best I can when they arise. Pre-plan and log ahead of time whenever I know I will be in a difficult environment, like going to a restaurant, get-together, or during a holiday.
    10) "LIVE" - I'm in control, do not deprive myself of the things I enjoy. Most things I want to eat can be managed with pre-planning and portion control. A few will just need to wait until I'm at my goal and on maintenance.

I hope this is helpful to you!
  • Beaches26
    Beaches26 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I eat foods that I like in small portions, nothing processed. Meat, Fish, vegetables, eggs and whole wheat bread occasionally. I vary my diet so I do not feel deprived. I occasionally go out to dinner but choose carefully from menu and even have added a glass or two of wine. I am exercising 6 days a week, 3 days of weight training and 3 days of cardio. My goal is 30 pounds and I have lost 17 since Jan 3.
    Good Luck!
  • 111grace
    Options
    Thank you all for your Inspirations, Big hugs delightful people for sharing :)
  • 111grace
    Options
    Hi all Gorgeous people thanks for helping me with my plan :)
    1. lost 5kg eating clean & walking most days. started to love & miss my walk, great right :)

Big hugs all your posts have really helped me fine tune, I still have a way to go, still need to add things like more water, etc
  • mistikal13
    mistikal13 Posts: 1,457 Member
    Options
    In the beginning I made small changes that were realistic and kept me motivated.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!