C25K & Chalean extreme

Options
MissAnjy
MissAnjy Posts: 2,480 Member
I've been doing both these programs simultaneously. I run M, W & F and I follow the CLX schedule which is M,W,T,F,S.
I'm currently on day 18 & I've lost 0lbs.
Feel free to check out my diary and tell me where I'm going wrong
Thanks pros :D

Replies

• savvystephy
    savvystephy Posts: 4,151 Member
    Options
    One thing is to hang in there with the strength training. You won't lose a ton of weight from it (I lost 7 lbs over 3 months of CLX). However, you should gain some muscle and lose inches. So pay attention to that too. Check your measurements and fat %.
  • KierstyPants
    KierstyPants Posts: 468 Member
    Options
    The only thing I would say is the sodium intake.
    Because you probably already know it causes you to retain water and keep everything in.
    Otherwise i have no idea.
    I'm not a pro >:O
  • Mandz1984
    Mandz1984 Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    I've done some reading on chalean extreme and everyone was saying you don't loose much weight until the last phase, called Lean I think. Hold out and I'm sure you will see great results!
  • lulutm
    lulutm Posts: 57
    Options
    Disclaimer, before I begin :wink: : I'm no expert, but I've been very successful in shedding weight and keeping it off. I hit my weight goal last summer, and have maintained that weight for a full year. I am of the belief that if you count calories, and watch your carb intake, you cannot go wrong. Natural fats and unprocessed foods are good for you! I love MFP, but I'm not a big fan of the "guided" nutrition rules. The rules are based on the USDA food pyramid and there is a whole lot of research out there that says the items found in the largest tier of the food pyramid, grains and cereals, are what makes us fat. I eat carbs, in moderation and only at certain times of the day. I allow myself one day a week to eat whatever I want.

You might consider cutting your carbs a bit. I'm currently training for a triathlon and a tri nutritionist said I should still stay below 250 carbs even while training twice per day. On any give day, it looks like you're over 250? That's a whole lot!

Also, I think you might be overestimating the amount of calories you are burning through exercise. When running, a good rule of thumb, I've found is that for every mile run, you burn an average of about 100 calories. I used a body bugg for awhile, and this was pretty standard. The speed of the jog did not matter, so much -- it basically averaged to 1 mile run = 100 calories.
  • MissAnjy
    MissAnjy Posts: 2,480 Member
    Options
    Disclaimer, before I begin :wink: : I'm no expert, but I've been very successful in shedding weight and keeping it off. I hit my weight goal last summer, and have maintained that weight for a full year. I am of the belief that if you count calories, and watch your carb intake, you cannot go wrong. Natural fats and unprocessed foods are good for you! I love MFP, but I'm not a big fan of the "guided" nutrition rules. The rules are based on the USDA food pyramid and there is a whole lot of research out there that says the items found in the largest tier of the food pyramid, grains and cereals, are what makes us fat. I eat carbs, in moderation and only at certain times of the day. I allow myself one day a week to eat whatever I want.

You might consider cutting your carbs a bit. I'm currently training for a triathlon and a tri nutritionist said I should still stay below 250 carbs even while training twice per day. On any give day, it looks like you're over 250? That's a whole lot!

Also, I think you might be overestimating the amount of calories you are burning through exercise. When running, a good rule of thumb, I've found is that for every mile run, you burn an average of about 100 calories. I used a body bugg for awhile, and this was pretty standard. The speed of the jog did not matter, so much -- it basically averaged to 1 mile run = 100 calories.

I can try to cut more of my carbs! I never really think twice about it if it happens to fit into my daily recommended intake (according to MFP) but I can definitely watch it.

As for overestimating my workouts. I HOPE i'm not? I go by my Polar FT4 HRM so if I'm overestimating then somehow that is failing me. I'm not sure how I'd know if it was failing me though?
  • lulutm
    lulutm Posts: 57
    Options
    And btw, from your photo ---- you look great! Don't stress! It'll come off eventually. Keep it up!