Low-calorie protein powder shakes/smoothies?

Options
soccerkon26
soccerkon26 Posts: 596 Member
I have vanilla cake batter flavored protein powder and do not like drinking it with just water or milk...any ideas?

Is peanut butter good in a shake?!

Replies

• skywatcher1973
    skywatcher1973 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Try making a pancake with it!!
  • jessicamthal
    jessicamthal Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Peanut butter is great in a shake, I use PB2 (powder pb) and it takes away all the fats and oils
  • jordanify
    jordanify Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    Unsweetened almond milk
  • ewcailin
    Options
    Add chopped up fruit or a tablespoon of chocolate sauce.
  • whouwannab
    whouwannab Posts: 350 Member
    Options
    banana
  • MadMamaK27
    Options
    I found a great recipe for a creamcicle protein shake. You mix one scoop vanilla powder with one cup orange juice and one cup ice. I blend it all together in my blender. I suppose you could just blend the powder and the juice and drink it over ice. Anyways, It's DELICIOUS. Maybe you can substitute in your vanilla cake batter powder instead of the plain vanilla. I'm with you though, im not fond of just plain protein powder and milk. It was easy to scan the barcode on my protein powder and scan the barcode on my juice bottle and get all the nutrition stats I needed.
  • jillbert63
    jillbert63 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Here's the recipe I use for my smoothie. I figured it out to be around 300 calories. One scoop of Shaklee protein powder, one cup vanilla almond milk, some chia seeds, handful of kale or spinach, 5 strawberries and a frozen banana. You cannot taste the kale or spinach, but it does make your smoothie an odd color.
  • Bronzchica
    Bronzchica Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Add unsweetened vanilla almond milk. It's much better
  • minionman
    minionman Posts: 308 Member
    Options
    Blueberries, strawberries, banana, pineapple, spinach, watermelon, 1 scoop with water and yum!
  • pensmurf
    pensmurf Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    add sugar free jello powder flavor of your choice or sugar free pudding powder
  • sarahtiffany23
    sarahtiffany23 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    I use Elite Annex Gold brand for my protein powder, shaken with almond milk. Runs me about 180 calories. This particular brand is pretty low in both Carbs and sugar while still maintaining a high protein content. If the protein with just milk/water is too weird for you, then blending with fruits and veggies is a great idea like everyone else has suggested! I have also found that I have to avoid the products sold in grocery store. Go to a GMC or complete nutrition and ask what product is right for you. They might be a bit more expensive but a way better value. Good luck!!
  • Janegienger
    Janegienger Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Liquid egg whites will make it creamy and add more protein, Personally I use french vanilla powder (mrm metabolic) and add cinnamon and then ice and water.... Love it this way!
  • rayw89
    rayw89 Posts: 564 Member
    Options
    Unsweetened coconut milk is really good for smoothies, and only 45 calories a cup.
  • phoebejeeby
    phoebejeeby Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    I make 1 scoop vanilla protein powder (150 cals), 1/2 cup of frozen berries (30-50 cals) 1/2 cup 0% plain greek yogurt. (70 cals). Add water to desired consistency and blend. Totals around 250 to 270 depending on the berries. And is about 50 g protein. Makes a nice filling breakfast. I also do a raspberry version with a TBSP of cocoa, which satisfies a chocolate craving. Also you can add a bit of splenda if you like it sweeter.
  • ncb2012
    ncb2012 Posts: 1
    Options
    weight watchers has great vanilla and chocolate smoothie powders that i add with a little skim milk, some ice cubes, and pb2
  • Tangosmom14
    Tangosmom14 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    My hubby was buying a smoothie at a local shop called a Vanilla Lean-out. I make a Nutribullet smoothie that he claims is just as good. A handful of spinach/kale, one banana, one tablespoon peanut butter, 3/4 cup vanilla almond milk. It's delicious and you only taste the peanut butter and banana, really. I would imagine you could use your vanilla protein powder and add water instead of the almond milk for the same result...and more protein.
  • davis978
    davis978 Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    I use unsweetened almond milk - it's 40 calories per cup and I find it compliments most protein powders nicely. I buy the Trader Joe's brand.
  • SunshineandDaisies
    Options
    Try PB2! It has all the taste of peanut butter but less fat and calories :)
  • jessicasim92
    Options
    Some options would be a date smoothie, blueberry muffin smoothie, goji smoothie. They all work great with a vanilla taste. I use the recipes on sidechef app.
  • alexdelbosque487
    alexdelbosque487 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    I have vanilla cake batter flavored protein powder and do not like drinking it with just water or milk...any ideas?

Is peanut butter good in a shake?!

Yes no more then 2 tbls