Hi I am new

Options
Hi just wanted to say hello to my other weight loss people. Just a little blurb to tell you my weight loss story. I had lost over 60 pounds 3 years ago and kept it off until last November 2010 when I quit smoking. It is now been 6 months smoke free but I have gained 20 pounds back of the original weight loss. I did not worry about the weight gain until I got the no smoking licked. Now its time to get a move on and get that 20 pounds off!!!

Replies

• cmyrick75
    cmyrick75 Posts: 187 Member
    Options
    Welcome and congrats on being smoke free! Good luck on your weightloss and the new healthier you!!
  • Shutterpillar
    Shutterpillar Posts: 208
    Options
    After I stopped smoking was when I gained my weight, too. Good luck to you!
  • gatorflyer
    gatorflyer Posts: 536 Member
    Options
    Welcome. Great accomplishment on the quitting smoking and your former weight loss. Now you have the opportunity for another great accomplishment. Good Luck!
  • JaiHook
    JaiHook Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Welcome!!! Congrats on being smoke free!! Good luck on your journey.
  • smartin0619
    smartin0619 Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    Congrats on both of your achievements! 60lbs and stop smoking!! I am trying to help my mom stop smoking, been 40 years for her. That is tough, what worked for you? Maybe i can share with her.

I am looking to start with a 30 lb weight loss goal and go from there! I am at my heaviest weight yet and it's really starting to take a toll on my confidence, energy and emotions! Time to buck up and keep each other motivated! :) Good luck :happy:
  • lisaellenarsenault
    Options
    Dear Smartin0619 : I quit COLD TURKEY and it wasn't easy thats for sure....I had smoked for over 30 years....bottom line....she is going to HAVE to want to quit. That is all the advice I can give her.
    Good luck on your weight loss my advice for that is to shoot for your goal weight but only look at 10 or pounds at time that way your goal weight will not be so overwhelming to achive...that is what worked for me..and reward yourself for each 10 you loose.
  • KaizokuNoMaiku
    Options
    Best of luck !