Grrrrr. Weight loss

Options
I've been working out with Focus T25 and im on my second week of beta. I've been using my Fitness Pal for 2 weeks and eating well for 4 weeks. I have lost inches in my waist but my weight has not budged. Not one pound. I'm 42 and weigh 140pds at 5"7. With all that im doing how am I not losing any weight???

Replies

• malibu927
    malibu927 Posts: 17,565 Member
    Options
    Can you open your diary? Since you're already at a healthy weight, it can be difficult to get rid of pounds. And you're losing inches, so something is going right!
  • juggernaut1974
    juggernaut1974 Posts: 6,212 Member
    Options
    Define "eating well"

You can "eat well" but not be in a caloric deficit...ergo no weight loss.

Especially since you have relatively little to lose. You're going to have to be meticulous about calories. If you're not losing, then you need to decrease your calorie consumption by a couple hundred a day. Do that and give it 4-6 weeks to see the long-term trend. If it's still not working, drop another hundred or two. Repeat as necessary until you find the sweet spot.
  • natkrum
    natkrum Posts: 8
    Options
    Sure how do I do that?
  • natkrum
    Options
    Diary is opened. Thanks guys I appreciate the imput :)
  • LoraF83
    LoraF83 Posts: 15,694 Member
    Options
    natkrum wrote: »
    Diary is opened. Thanks guys I appreciate the imput :)

It's still not open.
  • skylaboo07
    Options
    Well you might be gaining muscle weight in the process of working out trying to lose fat weight. Muscle weight more than fat so that might be it.
  • skullshank
    skullshank Posts: 4,324 Member
    Options
    inb4 "its muscle"

also, this....
    ceoverturf wrote: »
    Define "eating well"

Especially since you have relatively little to lose. You're going to have to be meticulous about calories. If you're not losing, then you need to decrease your calorie consumption by a couple hundred a day. Do that and give it 4-6 weeks to see the long-term trend. If it's still not working, drop another hundred or two. Repeat as necessary until you find the sweet spot.

are you weighing all your food OP?

• LoraF83
    Options
    skylaboo07 wrote: »
    Well you might be gaining muscle weight in the process of working out trying to lose fat weight. Muscle weight more than fat so that might be it.

Nope.

1lb = 1lb, no matter if it's muscle or fat. And actually gaining muscle is very difficult for women....especially when they are in a calorie deficit.

Most likely, she's retaining fluid from exercise or excess sodium consumption. Or she's on her period. Or just not logging her food correctly.
  • malibu927
    Options
    skullshank wrote: »
    inb4 "its muscle"

also, this....
    Define "eating well"

Too late!
  • Cortneyrenee04
    Cortneyrenee04 Posts: 1,117 Member
    Options
    Inches are wayyyy more important than pounds :)
  • MeganFlanagan16
    MeganFlanagan16 Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    Could be muscle gain... And also at 5'7 140lbs is a healthy weight. I'm 5'6 and the healthy weight for that is between 132lbs-140lbs.
  • natkrum
    Options
    I do gain about 2 PDs when I'm on my period. However im not 100% measuring all my food. I'm under in calories almost every day. Just don't know where I should change it up. I've opened my diary to public? Thanks again
  • malibu927
    Options
    I do gain about 2 PDs when I'm on my period. However im not 100% measuring all my food. I'm under in calories almost every day. Just don't know where I should change it up. I've opened my diary to public? Thanks again

Start here and buy a food scale
  • LoraF83
    Options

Nope, your diary still isn't open.

I would suggest that you measure and weigh your food. Log everything. And then, be patient.
  • queenliz99
    queenliz99 Posts: 15,317 Member
    Options
    Your diary is not open
  • natkrum
    Options
    It is now :) when I say I'm not 100% accurate I know I'm close. I'm not overweight either and im toning up well however IM mindblown I haven't lost a pound
  • LoraF83
    Options
    It is now :) when I say I'm not 100% accurate I know I'm close. I'm not overweight either and im toning up well however IM mindblown I haven't lost a pound

A few questions:

"Homemade broccoli salad" - is that a recipe you entered, or one you found in the database?

How much is "1 ladle" of oatmeal?

"Turkey breast meat, 1 serving" - how many ounces is that? 1 serving can mean different things to different people.

I would suggest using more accurate entries and weighing your food on a food scale. I'm guessing that your calorie count is no where near correct, based on your diary entries.
  • queenliz99
    queenliz99 Posts: 15,317 Member
    edited March 2015
    Options
    By the looks of your diary, you need to use a food scale. watch this

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JVjWPclrWVY
  • bricef4
    bricef4 Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    The inches are more important. U may be gaining some muscle, so your weight will not change much. Check how your clothes fit, and use that as a guide. Just my 02 cents. Good luck
  • skullshank
    skullshank Posts: 4,324 Member
    Options
    malibu927 wrote: »
    skullshank wrote: »
    inb4 "its muscle"

also, this....
    Define "eating well"

Too late!

DAMMIT!

musta posted at the same time.

haha mfp so predictable.