Women's one a day multi-vitamins: Anyone take them?

Options
Does anybody feel that they give you more energy or ensure that you have all of the required vitamins for healthy weight loss?

Replies

• aliciamarieUF
    aliciamarieUF Posts: 226 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • rissavanwey
    Options
    I started taking Nature Made Multi + Omega-3 Adult Gummies this week. IDK that they give me more energy or whatever, but I figure they can't hurt :)
  • Hearts_2015
    Hearts_2015 Posts: 12,031 Member
    edited March 2015
    Options
    I used to take Pre-Natal and felt great with the extra folic acid etc. Ran out and need to get some more... feel better and energetic taking them. Not preg, just suggested by my doc to take them as they have more in them that I need.
  • shadow2soul
    shadow2soul Posts: 7,692 Member
    Options
    I take a One Source Womens Multivitamin (like $5 at walmart). I do feel better when I take it, but I'm pretty sure that's because I have some vitamin deficiencies going on.
  • Hearts_2015
    Hearts_2015 Posts: 12,031 Member
    Options
    I started taking Nature Made Multi + Omega-3 Adult Gummies this week. IDK that they give me more energy or whatever, but I figure they can't hurt :)

Hey they're gummies... nuff said. lol
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,372 Member
    Options
    I've been better about taking them since I switched to gummies. But I can't say I've noticed any difference in the way I feel.
  • callsitlikeiseeit
    callsitlikeiseeit Posts: 8,627 Member
    Options
    im so bad about remembering. need to write it down in my planner. maybe then id remember
  • suruda
    suruda Posts: 1,233 Member
    Options
    I took them for years...but I think last year started seeing articles that they were a waste of money and most (not all) adults get enough nutrients in their food. Anyway...after many years, I stopped taking them and as long as I am eating well I feel the same. I will power up on Airborne or vitamin C if I'm around too many sickies...I don't tend to get sick as often as the people I live with so I'm sticking to my plan!
  • Nightfox609
    Nightfox609 Posts: 5 Member
    edited March 2015
    Options
    Try Opti Woman from Optimum nutrition ;)

Link: http://supplementreviews.com/optimum/opti-women
  • melimomTARDIS
    melimomTARDIS Posts: 1,941 Member
    Options
    i take flintstones complete with iron, which is what my doctor recommends to vegetarians.
  • _whatsherface
    _whatsherface Posts: 1,238 Member
    Options
    I take the womens one a day and no I don't feel any differently. I did take like a mega pack of vitamins called vital 4u and it had like 20 different vitamins in it. I felt good after that one.
  • ShellyBell999
    ShellyBell999 Posts: 1,482 Member
    Options
    I try to take my multivitamin daily. I need the extra iron.

If I skip them a few days then I start to feel run down.
  • TrickyDisco
    TrickyDisco Posts: 2,869 Member
    Options
    I take a one-a-day multi-vit and mineral tablet mainly to ensure I get a regular amount of the minerals which are a bit harder to meet on a vegan diet, particularly B12.
  • ucabucca
    ucabucca Posts: 606 Member
    Options
    I take a multi vitamin plus I also take extra D both required by MD and yes it has helped a lot and lab work shows the results as well as the way I feel. I do eat fairly well balanced meals and love fruits and veggies so its not to replace a poor diet either.
  • cattitude123
    cattitude123 Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    I take a whole foods supplement and 10,000 i.u. of vitamin D, with extra selenium, zinc, and magnesium, I don't know if it's a placebo, but I have more energy, and feel fairly stable. Not ever to replace a good diet, I try and eat healthily, but it can be a daily battle.
  • jgnatca
    jgnatca Posts: 14,464 Member
    Options
    There are known malabsorption issues for bariatric patients, so I am required to take a pregnancy multivitamin for life (for the added folic acid). I really like this one. It has a slight fruity scent and the pill is small. It has the folic acid I need.
    img-NHPs-Swiss-Total-One-Teen-Multi-Vitamin.jpg

I do not notice extra energy from vitamins. That's what food is for. I have noticed if I DON'T take them I have problems like brittle nails (lack of calcium) or catch colds more easily (lack of Vitamin D).
  • 47Jacqueline
    47Jacqueline Posts: 6,993 Member
    Options
    I take - 600mg Calcium + Manesium, 1000 i.u. of D3, and Biotin. My doctor said I get enough calcium in my diet, but I was low in D and my nails are breaking - so Biotin.
  • emdeesea
    emdeesea Posts: 1,823 Member
    Options
    I take a One a Day and a Vitamin D supplement (us folks in the north don't get enough sun in the winter).

I don't think it give me more energy. I doubt that.
  • williams969
    williams969 Posts: 2,528 Member
    Options
    I take D3 (5,000IU in winter, 2,000IU rest of year--severe deficiency otherwise), 4g fish oil daily (for my heart/cholesterol), and a regular multi. All recommended by my physician for my general well-being and specific health concerns.
  • pjoenix
    pjoenix Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    I take the One a Day Women's for the calcium boost, since that and iron are consistently low for me otherwise :) I never noticed any difference in how I felt, but have been complimented on my hair and nails looking healthier since I started.