ok...I blew it yesterday....

Options
Yesterday was aweful..no sleep the night before, severe shoulder pain and my will power went right out the window after breakfast. I'm trying to refocus today but I feel horrible after yesterday. I know it was just a stumble. What have you found works best to regain your focus on your goals?

Replies

• kbanzhaf
    kbanzhaf Posts: 601 Member
    Options
    You just need to "get back on the horse" and quit worrying about yesterday. Most of us have days where we stumble, but we only fail if we don't get back on again.
    Go for an extra walk today, drink extra water, etc.....it will allow you to feel like you are making up for yesterday.
    Just go back to doing what you know you need to do -- you've lost 6 pounds, so you are doing something right. :wink:
    Kaye
  • damionruns
    damionruns Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    forget about yesterday, it's gone
  • kitchenfairy
    Options
    Yesterday? What yesterday? Seriously, I've had to re-train myself not to worry about the falls I've made but to focus on what I'm doing right now. Like others have said, you can't change it, so just keep moving forward.
  • luppic8
    luppic8 Posts: 580 Member
    Options
    I say let bygones be bygones and move on to the next day! Don't expect every day to be perfect and take it one day at a time. If you have a bad day, say "oh well, bad day" and have a positive attitude to make the next day a kick *kitten* day. Don't beat yourself up over it because that's not good for you! Good luck today!
  • eabeumer
    eabeumer Posts: 8
    Options
    Move on...you can't live in the past, so don't try to. Make today a better day, and tomorrow a better day. Remember that you are making changes overall, that's what matters! 6 weeks ago, 6 months ago, you "stumbled" all the time.... now you only "go of the wagon" every now and again....don't sweat it!
  • lilRicki
    lilRicki Posts: 4,555 Member
    Options
    I blew it yesterday...FYI don't eat mennonite sausauge from Superstore...it's 500 calories per sausage. That's forcing me to make better choices today. I blew it out of the water yesterday, so today it's breakfast of fruit cocktail, instant cream of wheat and baby carrots. Take the mistakes from yesterday and learn from them. You know exactly why you made them...
  • morganadk2_deleted
    morganadk2_deleted Posts: 1,696 Member
    Options
    This is from a Hungry Girl email I just got, some good advice in here:

I was wondering if there are a handful of food-related rules that you live by. If so, what are they? Thanks!

Alexa aWonderin'

Hi Alexa,
    I actually get asked this question a LOT, so I've had plenty of time to think about it and narrow down my list to FIVE important rules. Here they are...
    1. Don't drink your calories. There's nothing sadder than realizing you just consumed hundreds of calories by sipping a sweet drink... and you're still hungry! For the most part, I look for drinks with no more than 50 calories per cup, and I always check the labels carefully for the total servings per bottle.
    2. The 80/20 rule. I live by it. It means that 80 percent of the time, I eat what I know I should be eating. And 20 percent of the time, I allow myself to stray a bit. It's important to indulge every once in a while... like, maybe, 20 percent of the time!
    3. Don't turn a bad meal into a bad week. So you made a poor food choice. You're human. Don't give up and throw in the towel just because you overate. Jump right back into things at your next meal. No biggie. Truly.
    4. Identify and avoid your trigger foods. These are the foods you can't be trusted around -- the ones where "just a few" turns into WAY too much; the foods that seem to make you hungrier and hungrier. Don't keep these foods in the house. They're too tempting and not worth the trouble...
    5. Don't make excuses -- it's all about being prepared. The Boy Scouts know what they're talking about! If you know you're going out to dinner, check out the menu online so you can plan ahead and make smart choices. And always keep emergency snacks handy -- in your purse, car, desk drawer... wherever you might need them. Then you won't need to make excuses.
  • Xaspar
    Xaspar Posts: 726 Member
    Options
    You don't have a yesterday anymore, today you have right here and right now ... Determine where you are GOING not where you've been. And know that EVERYONE has those days. Not worth beating yourself up over, or taking it out on your body by repeating it anew today. Lesson learned? Good. Move on!
  • lilRicki
    lilRicki Posts: 4,555 Member
    Options
    This is from a Hungry Girl email I just got, some good advice in here:

I was wondering if there are a handful of food-related rules that you live by. If so, what are they? Thanks!

Alexa aWonderin'

Hi Alexa,
    I actually get asked this question a LOT, so I've had plenty of time to think about it and narrow down my list to FIVE important rules. Here they are...
    1. Don't drink your calories. There's nothing sadder than realizing you just consumed hundreds of calories by sipping a sweet drink... and you're still hungry! For the most part, I look for drinks with no more than 50 calories per cup, and I always check the labels carefully for the total servings per bottle.
    2. The 80/20 rule. I live by it. It means that 80 percent of the time, I eat what I know I should be eating. And 20 percent of the time, I allow myself to stray a bit. It's important to indulge every once in a while... like, maybe, 20 percent of the time!
    3. Don't turn a bad meal into a bad week. So you made a poor food choice. You're human. Don't give up and throw in the towel just because you overate. Jump right back into things at your next meal. No biggie. Truly.
    4. Identify and avoid your trigger foods. These are the foods you can't be trusted around -- the ones where "just a few" turns into WAY too much; the foods that seem to make you hungrier and hungrier. Don't keep these foods in the house. They're too tempting and not worth the trouble...
    5. Don't make excuses -- it's all about being prepared. The Boy Scouts know what they're talking about! If you know you're going out to dinner, check out the menu online so you can plan ahead and make smart choices. And always keep emergency snacks handy -- in your purse, car, desk drawer... wherever you might need them. Then you won't need to make excuses.

and make sure your fridge is well stocked! That way when you're hungry you'll have healthy options instead of the left over christmas chocolate and what ever crackers are left in the bottom of the pantry
  • Bridgidm2000
    Options
    thanks everyone. I am making better choices today. This weeks schedule has been very hectic and I've had a hard time "planning" my meals. I need to get some of those 100 calorie packs to keep in my desk. Here's to geting back on track :drinker: