Feet pain

Options
LaDawn74
LaDawn74 Posts: 132 Member
My feet hurt when I walk a lot and doing Zumba. Any ideas how to make it less painful? Really can't afford to go t the Dr.

Replies

• eabeumer
    eabeumer Posts: 8
    Options
    Where are they hurting? Could be your shoes... good shoes make all the difference. Try doing some feet exercises- before you get up in the am, trace the alphabet with your toes. May or may not help. Good luck.
  • alexbowser
    alexbowser Posts: 322
    Options
    I had the same problem, went to my foot doctor and he recommended Spenco foot insoles. I have really low foot arches so I need better arch support. I ordered the insoles online and they work great.
  • kshaw09
    kshaw09 Posts: 48
    Options
    I do Zumba at home and my feet were hurting too when I wore running shoe's. I know where the Dr Scholl's quick flatts and I can make it through a whole class without sore feet. My problem is that I have very narrow feet with a small arch, so no matter what running show I wear once I tie the laces my feet feel squished. YOu can get all kinds of diffrent inserts at pretty much every store now, you could try those
  • iwillsoonbeslim
    Options
    I'd recommend sturdy walking boots with thick soles that give your feet room to flax for walking, but totally different trainers for Zumba. Normal trainers support forward motion, like running and jogging, but zumba/dance ones will absorm the shock from your sideways movements/jumping etc.

hth
    x
  • LaDawn74
    LaDawn74 Posts: 132 Member
    Options
    the bottom of my feet. I have very little arch. I bought very good walking/running shoe from the New Balance store.

They hurt when I walk also. My syatic(sp) nerve on my right leg is pinched.

I will try to find an aerobic shoe and see if that helps when doing Zumba.