fitness trackers

Options
I really want to purchase a fitness tracker, I've been googling reviews and they are just not consistent. I dont want to spend more than about $130. Has anyone had a positive or negative experience with any particular brands?

Replies

• snowflake930
    snowflake930 Posts: 2,188 Member
    Options
    I have had a fit bit for 2 years. I started with a One. I got a Force for Christmas 2013. I just purchased the new Charge HR last Saturday. I guess you could say I like their products. For my needs, it is perfect, as it motivates me to move more. I love it!
  • scrittenden
    scrittenden Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    i have a fitbit flex and love it, use it every day and find it very motivating.
  • Cinnamonhuskies
    Cinnamonhuskies Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    hubby and I got a Jawbone UP non-bluetooth version at Best Buy online sale for $29 and free shipping. I would never have done it for $100. Very cool, but not $100 cool. We keep ours on all the time and I sync mine with MyFitness Pal so all my diary entries automatically upload to the device.
  • jessicapk
    jessicapk Posts: 574 Member
    Options
    I also have a Fitbit Flex and what it's done for my motivation to move has been amazing! It's got a small enough profile that it doesn't bother me to wear it every day. From my own research, it was shown to have some of the most accurate data of the fitness trackers that are out there. I've been very pleased.
  • ArcheryKat1984
    ArcheryKat1984 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I have a Garmin Vivo Smart, it sync with Myfitnesspal. I love it,
  • groceryman61
    groceryman61 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I have a Samsung gear fit. Unfortunately it doesn't sync with My Fitness Pal. I love it. My gear fit is synced with my phone. Only thing is I can't add my intake until I have a Samsung galaxy S 5. Other than that you can find one on Amazon for about $125
  • Lacipeanut
    Lacipeanut Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    I have a Misfit Shine. I love it--syncs with MyFitness Pal. Can get wet (yes, it goes in the pool). Tracks activity and steps, so it shows you steps, calories burned, etc. But it also can be set to track cycling and swimming. I know they're working on more activities. Tracks sleep. Can be worn virtually anywhere. I usually wear mine in my bra, on my wrist, or around my neck. I got mine for $75 on Amazon. They run about $100 from Misfit's website. They also have the Flash, which is a plastic version of the Shine. Does the same things. Oh, no recharging. Uses a watch battery.

I've had a Fitbit One and a Flex. Can't take them in the shower. I killed the One in water. The Flex I thought I'd wear, and cause I'd see it, it wouldn't get dunked. Allergic to the clasp. Only tracked steps.

Tried Pivotal One. Kept resetting and erasing my data.

LifeTrak is good--steps, heart rate, a few other things. A number of different models. But a few of the models are bulky and all of them are only for the wrist. It is waterproof and does not need to be recharged. Uses a watch battery.
  • amsmithatc33
    amsmithatc33 Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    I have the Misfit Flash and love it!! And budget friendly!
  • Sammi1244
    Sammi1244 Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    I do. I tried so many (expensive to cheap) and of all, I love my Misfit Flash most. I am hoping to try out the Basis Peak (if it ever comes back in stock) and the Up3 and Amiigo, if they ever make it to the market. But for now, I am VERY happy with the Misfit Flash. If you have a Misfit, add me as a friend: sammi1244 :smiley:

Happy Fitness!!
  • StaciMarie1974
    StaciMarie1974 Posts: 4,138 Member
    Options
    I am very pleased with my Fitbit One, and Hubby swears by his Polar Loop.

BUT that may mean nothing for you. Take some time to think about what features you want. Some basic questions:
    • Do you want to wear it on your wrist?
    • Do you have a compatible smart phone? (If not then you probably would not want the Fitbit Flex which does not show stats on the device itself.)
    • Do you just want to track steps and estimate calories or do more?
    • Does it need to be waterproof?
    stephnic4 wrote: »
    I really want to purchase a fitness tracker, I've been googling reviews and they are just not consistent. I dont want to spend more than about $130. Has anyone had a positive or negative experience with any particular brands?

• snowy0wl
    snowy0wl Posts: 179 Member
    Options
    sfowler1244: regarding the Basis Peak, I'd save your money as it's not reliable to be used more than a curiosity. It had a lot of potential but it's no longer a desired item. If you want to try it out I'd advice this service ;https://lumoid.com/products/wear which includes it if you must.. but you have been warned.