taco bell good or bad

Options
Just wondering does anyone eat at taco bell and still manage to lose weight . I've been trying to be extra careful and not eat process fatty foods; but we go out about once a week with my kids who love taco bell what are some things at taco bell that people are eating just curious

Replies

• MysticRealm
    MysticRealm Posts: 1,264 Member
    edited March 2015
    Options
    If you fit it in your cals it's 'good'
    If you don't fit it in your cals it could be 'bad' (depending on how far over you go, what you have chosen as your daily calorie allowance, if you are fitting it into your weekly cals, etc)
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,874 Member
    Options
    matters of nutrition are rarely that black and white...and of course people can lose weight eating Taco Bell...if they hit their calorie goals for weight loss, they will lose weight.

A calorie is a unit of energy. Your body requires X amount of energy to maintain the status quot and function optimally. You consume more energy than is required and that excess gets stored as body fat (your energy reserves). You consume less energy than required and your fat stores are burned to compensate for that deficit. That's it...it has nothing to do with whether or not you eat taco bell or whatever.

They have their nutritional information on line...look it up and find something that fits with your calorie and macro goals.
  • gilramirez14
    gilramirez14 Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    [Thanks i have the app on my phone was just interested in seeing if others who are trying to lose eat there thanks for the infiuote="cwolfman13;31523554"]matters of nutrition are rarely that black and white...and of course people can lose weight eating Taco Bell...if they hit their calorie goals for weight loss, they will lose weight.

A calorie is a unit of energy. Your body requires X amount of energy to maintain the status quot and function optimally. You consume more energy than is required and that excess gets stored as body fat (your energy reserves). You consume less energy than required and your fat stores are burned to compensate for that deficit. That's it...it has nothing to do with whether or not you eat taco bell or whatever.

They have their nutritional information on line...look it up and find something that fits with your calorie and macro goals.[/quote]

• Dred_855
    Dred_855 Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    Look at their fresco options if you want fewer calories.
  • HotPotato22
    Options
    I consider it bad because fast food is usually junk, not because it is high in fat but because you have no clue what they are putting in their food. I am all for a fatty meal, especially if it your cheat day/meal or you can fit it in your calories, but I would consider most fast food places bad.
  • gilramirez14
    Options
    I consider it bad because fast food is usually junk, not because it is high in fat but because you have no clue what they are putting in their food. I am all for a fatty meal, especially if it your cheat day/meal or you can fit it in your calories, but I would consider most fast food places bad.
    yes me too I here a lot of things on mfp about if you can fit it into your calories a day its OK to eat it. But I just wonder how much you really can lose eating out a lot or eating junk just because you can make it fit into calorie goal. Mayby im wrong mayby you can eat things like pizza or ice cream and still lose its just never happened to me lol. But then again I try to avoid it because once I get started on junk I can't stop and I will end up eating way over my calorie goal. I guess its about knowing your limits and abillty to cut yourself off at a certain point.

• arditarose
    arditarose Posts: 15,575 Member
    Options
    Taste: bad.
  • Sabine_Stroehm
    Sabine_Stroehm Posts: 19,263 Member
    edited March 2015
    Options
    Taco Bell. Can you lose weight eating taco bell on a regular basis. ABSOLUTELY, if you maintain a deficit. I'll let you decide if something like Taco Bell fits into your regular diet, your sometimes diet, your once in a blue moon, or your never diet. For me? once in a blue moon. Taco Bell doesn't fit my goals for healthy eating For me, it used to to be an okay option, until I learned more about it and MdDs and the like. Once I learned where the ingredients come from, it became a "once in a desperate blue moon" food.

My junk food (only) eating nephew worked at taco bell and won't eat it.

But again: yes: if it fits your daily calories, you'll likely lose weight.

Your call
  • sistrsprkl
    sistrsprkl Posts: 1,013 Member
    Options
    I take my kids on occasion. We each have one bean & cheese burrito, I think that's reasonable... and delicious ;)
  • gilramirez14
    Options
    emily_stew wrote: »
    Taco Bell Good. Haha I love taco bell
    yes me too I here a lot of things on mfp about if you can fit it into your calories a day its OK to eat it. But I just wonder how much you really can lose eating out a lot or eating junk just because you can make it fit into calorie goal. Mayby im wrong mayby you can eat things like pizza or ice cream and still lose its just never happened to me lol. But then again I try to avoid it because once I get started on junk I can't stop and I will end up eating way over my calorie goal. I guess its about knowing your limits and abillty to cut yourself off at a certain point.

You got it :) it's all about self control and making it work.
    unfortunly I have no self control lol

• HotPotato22
    Options
    emily_stew wrote: »
    Taco Bell Good. Haha I love taco bell

You got it :) it's all about self control and making it work.
    unfortunly I have no self control lol

I lack serious self control but if I fit in something a little unhealthy a day it helps keep me from binge eating....but by a little unhealthy i mean a piece of dark chocolate or a whole wheat fig newton bar.

Sometimes I mimic really tasty high fat foods, like tacos, at home but leave out the cheese or sour cream, use a leaner beef, etc.

I don't have any foods on my bad list but I can't eat fast food anymore, even if it tastes good.

• jenglish712
    jenglish712 Posts: 497 Member
    Options
    With any fast food joint I think it really helps to look it up ahead of time and plan an order. Rolling up to the drive through hungry with no plan is generally unwise.
  • jessieleah
    jessieleah Posts: 204 Member
    Options

Lol, that article just looks like over the top fear mongering.
  • gilramirez14
    Options
    With any fast food joint I think it really helps to look it up ahead of time and plan an order. Rolling up to the drive through hungry with no plan is generally unwise.
    defiantly not goid

• jenglish712
    jenglish712 Posts: 497 Member
    Options
    jessieleah wrote: »

I thought the same thing. Lots of raw food looks gross. I mix ground beef with water to get it to break down when I make chili soup... looks pretty much like "pink slime" when it's just fatty ground meat cut with water.
  • jessieleah
    jessieleah Posts: 204 Member
    Options
    jessieleah wrote: »

I thought the same thing. Lots of raw food looks gross. I mix ground beef with water to get it to break down when I make chili soup... looks pretty much like "pink slime" when it's just fatty ground meat cut with water.

The whole "OH NO FROZEN MCRIB MEAT" thing really got me. All frozen meat looks pretty similar to that, haha.